This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

There is only one huge problem with The Last Of Us and it ruined videogaming

#41Furikuri_flclPosted 8/2/2014 3:22:40 PM
boxington posted...
how about the fact that plenty of gamers that were satisfied with TLoU?

Are they really gamers? We need a term for fans of interactive movies.

If you ask me, all of those interactive "film-like experiences" need to be separated from actual games.
---
Latest game(s) crossed off my backlog: The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages.
Collection completion rate: 60.9%.
#42brolynickPosted 8/2/2014 3:34:40 PM
Furikuri_flcl posted...
boxington posted...

If you ask me, all of those interactive "film-like experiences" need to be separated from actual games.

Heavy Rain and Beyond Two Souls can be considered interactive movies on the PS3. That's. It.

For everyone still calling games like TLoU and Uncharted ''interactive movies'', I recommend you contact Naughty Dog and let them know about the defunct copies you got where the gameplay was stripped out. This is the only site ever where I've heard that term being used about TLoU, because it's completely ****ing stupid.
---
Nothing isn't better or worse than anything. Nothing is just... nothing.
#43Furikuri_flclPosted 8/2/2014 3:41:45 PM
brolynick posted...
Furikuri_flcl posted...
boxington posted...

Heavy Rain and Beyond Two Souls can be considered interactive movies on the PS3. That's. It.

For everyone still calling games like TLoU and Uncharted ''interactive movies'', I recommend you contact Naughty Dog and let them know about the defunct copies you got where the gameplay was stripped out. This is the only site ever where I've heard that term being used about TLoU, because it's completely ****ing stupid.

Depends how loose your definition of gameplay is. Anything that has no penalty to death other than going back 15 seconds isn't really a game since you're only going through the motions with no real way to fail.
---
#44GTAForumsTyPosted 8/2/2014 3:52:45 PM
Furikuri_flcl posted...
brolynick posted...
Furikuri_flcl posted...
boxington posted...

Depends how loose your definition of gameplay is. Anything that has no penalty to death other than going back 15 seconds isn't really a game since you're only going through the motions with no real way to fail.

so i guess COD, Halo, Battlefield, and any other game with a checkpoint system isn't a game at all, hell anything with saving isn't a game at all since you're just going through the motions.
---
I buy every game that comes out.
#45Furikuri_flclPosted 8/2/2014 4:09:00 PM
GTAForumsTy posted...
Furikuri_flcl posted...
brolynick posted...
Furikuri_flcl posted...
boxington posted...

so i guess COD, Halo, Battlefield, and any other game with a checkpoint system isn't a game at all, hell anything with saving isn't a game at all since you're just going through the motions.

That's how it is to me, yes. And it also depends for saving on how frequent you are allowed to do so (although there are better ways to implement penalties than simple content loss). You're free to disagree with me as much as I am free to see things this way you know.
---
#46majin nemesisPosted 8/2/2014 4:55:46 PM
Furikuri_flcl posted...

so losing isn't a fail? LOL the very act of losing is a failure so i don't see why in this day and age we should lose time going thorugh the same boring part of the game only to get to the part that we lost
---
"I love mankind it's people i can't stand"-Linus van Pelt,Peanuts
#47SneakiestNegPosted 8/2/2014 7:15:47 PM
No game without a good story and cool characters can make me play for 200 hours. Writing a good story is an art that makes or breaks an RPG.
#48shawnmckPosted 8/2/2014 7:17:32 PM
Except that the Last of Us won numerous "Game of the Year" awards, and sold like hot-cakes.

Besides, you =/= everyone else
#49MikasaAyanamiPosted 8/2/2014 8:06:35 PM
What's so special about this game?

More than some defend it.
#50DiamondDogsPosted 8/5/2014 10:54:52 AM
I didn't really take to the game. Just a slowed-down version of Uncharted that expanded on story over good gameplay.

It's not the worst game in the world; but it's not this great title that transcends video gaming that it is being made out to be.
---
You get it started, and I'll run you over. That's the best plan I can think of.