This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Favorite PS2 Classic JRPG?

#11PoorCountryPosted 8/5/2014 4:20:51 PM
Radiata Stories.
#12RioichiCooperPosted 8/5/2014 6:35:00 PM
FredericChopin posted...
If you liked P4 I would definitely look at Persona 3 FES.

I'll second this but beware that going from P4G to P3 FES can be jarring.
---
I'm not dumb. I just have a command of thoroughly useless information.
#13FredericChopinPosted 8/5/2014 6:40:44 PM
RioichiCooper posted...
FredericChopin posted...
If you liked P4 I would definitely look at Persona 3 FES.

I'll second this but beware that going from P4G to P3 FES can be jarring.

Quite true - T.C., P3 is still turn-based but different in that you cannot control every character, unlike P4. Different commands are given to the the other characters in P3 to guide them what to do in certain situations. These commands are given via a tactics menu. It bears some similarity to the FF12 battle system, although more simplified.

I preferred P4 mainly due to the fact that you can control every character individually. However, both games are great. P3 I thought had really memorable characters.
---
"There is no one else! I am the only one here!"
- Frederic Chopin, Eternal Sonata
#14prinnyXdoodPosted 8/5/2014 6:41:51 PM
Try Devil Summoner: Raidou Kuzunoha vs The Soulless Army, it's hella addicting for me.

Then if you want 10x Rage Fest than the 1st one, you can try it's sequel.

Devil Summoner 2: Raidou Kuzunoha vs King Abaddon, although I recommend you to stay away from this game at all costs.
---
\ NIPPON ICHI \ \/ / SQUARE ENIX /
.\__________ / /\ \ ___________/.
#15LamacePosted 8/5/2014 6:53:39 PM
Odin Sphere is my favorite PS2 game, so I suggest that one. Nocturne and Digital Devil Saga are also a must, obviously that means to check out Persona 3 and 4 as well. Valkyrie Profile 2, Final Fantasy X and XII, Wild Arms 4 and 5, and any of the Shadow Hearts games round out the package.
#16importvita(Topic Creator)Posted 8/5/2014 7:11:55 PM
Thanks everyone! I'll try a few of these out tomorrow and pick one or two to stick with throughout the weekend.
---
I was modded for posting a link to GameStop requiring fingerprints for all trade-ins. Reason given: Off Topic
The Mods here are the worst I've ever seen. Ever.