This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If you think that REmake HD is a horrible, cash-grabbing, evil idea...

#1SoulMemoryPosted 8/6/2014 12:02:48 AM
Watch this video from 7:34
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2UTaD6h8VI#start=7:34;end=14:54;cycles=-1;autoreplay=true

People need to calm down about this.
#2marksam91Posted 8/6/2014 12:05:09 AM
Why do people even care?

If you want to buy it, buy it. If you don't, don't.
#3XenotropixavierPosted 8/6/2014 12:05:24 AM
Why would anyone think that?
#4Coryo61827Posted 8/6/2014 12:19:15 AM
People care because this game will show capcom what kind of games they prefer. If this game doesn't sell well, unfortunately we will be stuck getting games like resident evil 6 because capcom will think that's what people are more willing to spend money on.

In other words if this game sells well, it could literally save the resident evil series. Maybe. Not trying to get my hopes up too much here. It is capcom after all lol.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.14
#5riddlebox89Posted 8/6/2014 12:39:56 AM
Coryo61827 posted...
People care because this game will show capcom what kind of games they prefer.

Nope, that's not what they're doing, it's a quick cash grab, same as any other HD re-release, they're cheap to do since all that needs to be done is to reformat them to work on newer consoles and sharpen the textures a bit. (cash grab or no, still buying it since my REmake Gamecube discs haven't been working so well lately)

Even if this does sell well, it's not going to make them go back to the old dead formula, and I'd rather they keep going with RE6 style gameplay than go back to trashy tank controls and false tension/survival horror that relies on said garbage controls to be present.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
#6AlltraPosted 8/6/2014 1:18:36 AM
It has a lot going against it though, so I personally think even that is an unrealistic expectation.
---
"Cute" is a kiddy euphemism for "Sexy".
Online is the worst thing to happen to gaming.
#7Garage_ManPosted 8/6/2014 1:22:19 AM
To bad it's going to be awful in terms of graphics. I will probably still get it because I never played remake but it's bad....

I guess it's better than the ps1 version though ;)
#8VanguardFatePosted 8/6/2014 3:55:08 AM
Xenotropixavier posted...
Why would anyone think that?

Because it's Capcom. So prepare yourself for DLC jokes and Resident Evil Turbo jokes from now til maybe 2 years after it comes out.
#9jjc03fPosted 8/6/2014 6:32:39 AM
it's not evil. cant imagine thinking that. it's just a questionable use of resources to deliver something that personally i dont see a need for. but thats fine, just wont buy it. or maybe i will. haha
#10RygonPosted 8/6/2014 6:59:50 AM
"You're just kind of being pissed off for the sake of being pissed off"

Ironic quote by AlphaOmegaSin. His whole character is being pretentious and condescending about every topic in video games, with unnecessary cursing in every sentence, even the positive ones.
---
http://backloggery.com/war_lion108