This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What's good in the SE sale this week?

#11gamer20111994Posted 8/6/2014 10:30:39 AM
Thinking about getting ff9. Does it run slowly?
---
David Cage is the worlds largest hack and a horrible writer. Why is he allowed to continue making his "games"?
#12Kirbopher13Posted 8/6/2014 10:34:18 AM
gamer20111994 posted...
Thinking about getting ff9. Does it run slowly?

If you mean like long loading times or freezing bits, then no, not that I recall. Always ran very nicely for me.
---
Pride should be reserved for something you achieve or attain on your own. - George Carlin
#13Flare7Posted 8/6/2014 10:35:04 AM
I would not even buy a single Square game in a $0.99 Flash Sale.
---
Currently playing: King's Field: The Ancient City
#14badboyPosted 8/6/2014 10:40:52 AM
You should get FF7, and maybe 5 & 6 as well.
#15the20thvongolaPosted 8/6/2014 10:42:55 AM
I got FF7 and while I was disappointed in the beginning, I'm getting more into it. I really like the settings,characters,and story.It's the only RPG I've really dived into so far. So, I got another $5 to spend. I'd rather not get FF8 or 9 unless there is something truly unique about them from FF7. Is chrono trigger a good buy?
#16gamer20111994Posted 8/6/2014 11:25:45 AM
the20thvongola posted...
I got FF7 and while I was disappointed in the beginning, I'm getting more into it. I really like the settings,characters,and story.It's the only RPG I've really dived into so far. So, I got another $5 to spend. I'd rather not get FF8 or 9 unless there is something truly unique about them from FF7. Is chrono trigger a good buy?

It's loading to go in to battles is long on the playstation version however it has the fmvs of certain moments.
---
David Cage is the worlds largest hack and a horrible writer. Why is he allowed to continue making his "games"?
#17Boomerang78Posted 8/6/2014 11:53:47 AM
the20thvongola posted...

No. It has terrible load times and weird lag in battles. It does have the FMVs, but those are very short and there are precious few of them. It's not really worth it. If you have a Wii or DS, get Chrono Trigger on those consoles. Or, play it the "other" way.
#18kingdrake2Posted 8/6/2014 12:23:15 PM
Krampus617 posted...
It's all good stuff.

yeah, just stick to final fantasy....
the 10% off the other sale is not something that gets me biting. going to save 15$ off that one game and that is reason enough for me to bite.
---
PSN trophy amount atm: 699 bronze, 228 silver, 80 gold, 16 platinum
currently playing: rainbow moon (trophy's and endgame), lego batman 2: DC super heroes
#19YoshioKSTPosted 8/6/2014 1:58:37 PM(edited)
the20thvongola posted...

Well they're...nothing alike really, aside from ATB turn based combat, FFVIII is a sci-fi love story that deals with family and loneliness, while IX is a tribute to the series before it: quaint and classic. And Chrono Trigger is a fantastic game, though the PS1 port is the weaker of the bunch...
---
We await together, prayers sleeping though time;
Crystals witnessing forever, Etro's eternal paradigm.
#20JohnHitman47Posted 8/6/2014 1:59:45 PM
Im looking to buy FF XIII-2, its the only thing i see worth getting.
---
TLOU best game on PS3 coming to PS4 a dream come true.