This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Let's talk about Proteus.

#1harcoreblazerPosted 8/6/2014 12:04:40 PM
No topics about it on this board. So i'll start one.

Played for like 3-5 minutes, got kinda bored, figured out it wasn't my kind of game, or a game i'll pay for (And i'm pretty open-minded when it comes to gaming and i must be of the few people who liked Gone Home).

Maybe what it needed was a story or some subtle story, or at least some Slender-like gameplay mechanic (?).

If it weren't for the 8-bit like graphics this would be a good exploring game, kind of reminds me of what you'll find at Gamejolt.

Conclusion IMO: Needs more gameplay mechanics, exploring and sound/music alone don't make it for me.
---
PSN/Steam = retrohunter95.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QS4HQWWuqP8&feature=youtu.be
#2MaouSadoPosted 8/6/2014 12:11:23 PM
He's pretty ******* hilarious. His Daikatana LP was perhaps the most glorious LP I've witnessed so far.
#3shallow_cutsPosted 8/6/2014 12:43:14 PM
I tried it briefly last night. Even a subtle hint as to what it is about would work wonders. There is a dedicated "postcard" button and trophies involving postcards but I found nothing to take photos of.

*shrug*
#4kzooanimalPosted 8/6/2014 1:03:30 PM
I purchased that game on sale earlier this year (it was under $5) I've played it 4 times and while it won't be winning GOTY in my book it is weird and charming (in an odd bird kind of way)
I walked around, changed the constellations, saw the tide come in, and chased a from thing through a field.. I still have no idea what the game is about or what the heck is going on. I don't regret the $5 spent although I wouldn't immediately recommend it to some one.
#5David_FaustinoPosted 8/6/2014 1:04:23 PM
wtf is a proteus
---
your weeaboo clip, update 8/2/14
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvaZWzkbrcg
#6falloutbeast101Posted 8/6/2014 1:28:29 PM
I liked it. Very relaxing.
---
GUST OF WIND DANCE
#7dancer62Posted 8/6/2014 1:47:20 PM
Bought it a few months back to my immediate disappointment. Atari 2600 graphics, plays like one of the early 3D demos on the Commodore 64. What a diaper-load!
---
I'm waiting for Bandai to release the WonderSwan/SwanCrystal II and blow both the Vita and the 3DS away.
#8MuskeLGPosted 8/6/2014 2:04:09 PM
It's a game many people, whether they're a gamer or not, will have trouble getting into.
---
PSN: KwRIOT-
#9FattyBreadsPosted 8/7/2014 1:06:33 PM
I'm open to experiences that some people dismiss out of hand as "not a game!" - I enjoyed Gone Home, which is often cited as such. Proteus, otoh, stretches my willingness to be open minded to the limits though. Reminds me of an Amiga tech demo. Which is fine, I like the art style, but I'd feel horribly, horribly burned had I paid for it.
---
"I could care less" means you care, silly.
#10VarronPosted 8/7/2014 1:51:47 PM
And the developers had the audacity to charge $13.99 on the PS Store for this little experiment.
---
PSN: Snippuh