This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

RATE: Gamestop

#1Jx1010Posted 8/11/2014 3:08:21 AM
As a store for PS3 - Results (337 votes)
Excellent
9.2% (31 votes)
Good
29.97% (101 votes)
Average
27.3% (92 votes)
Bad
13.35% (45 votes)
Horrible
20.18% (68 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Ps3 consoles
Ps3 games
Ps3 accesories
Ps3 PSN

Selling and trading ps3 items, customer service, prices
#2driver892Posted 8/11/2014 3:31:21 AM
yeah, I almost never go to gamestops anymore, not because of they're customer service (although I think they're not very good with service and stuff), but because of lack of interest, lack of availability (the nearest gamestop from where I'm going to school at it 60 freaking miles away), and I can just get better quality games (by that, I mean the games aren't scratched, the case and manual are still there and in relatively good condition) for lower prices on the internet.
---
So many games to play, so little time to play them, so many things to do.
#3GiappasBenzPosted 8/11/2014 3:37:38 AM(edited)
driver892 posted...
yeah, I almost never go to gamestops anymore, not because of they're customer service (although I think they're not very good with service and stuff), but because of lack of interest, lack of availability (the nearest gamestop from where I'm going to school at it 60 freaking miles away), and I can just get better quality games (by that, I mean the games aren't scratched, the case and manual are still there and in relatively good condition) for lower prices on the internet.

Same here... i think i went there like three times last year AND this year (to buy a PC expansion, a PS3 game, and renew PS+, that's it)
#4este914Posted 8/11/2014 3:42:17 AM
Its fine, but now if I go to a Gamestop I will just browse around. Mostly to do some 'window shopping' and see if I notice something I may have previously looked over. But if you are in a pinch and need a game quick they have a fairly big used section and some of the prices are decent enough. Last thing I bought there was some used 360 games and I don't think I paid over $10 for anything in recent memory.
---
.The One ... [ este914 ] ... The Only.
Knowledge Speaks. Wisdom Listens.
#5KikuichimonjiPosted 8/11/2014 4:25:09 AM
I got one used disc from them that didn't work but also wasn't scratched at all. They exchanged it with another hassle-free. I wish there was a way to check the functionality of disc-based games as they're traded in but there really isn't a effective way, unlike back in the cartridge days.
---
I always reply to anyone who challenges my arguments, either I agree or bring further arguments to them. If I don't reply, chances are they've made a dumb post.
#6GamerRafPosted 8/11/2014 4:26:05 AM
Average because they are convenient and the employees aren't annoying that much. Where else would I go for a GameStop/EBGames exclusive game or DLC.
---
"Lets release a console with no games and no marketing." -Satoru Iwata, 2012
Parappa VA scammer diss song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtDU20PNNHY
#7Arctic_Wolf510Posted 8/11/2014 4:28:46 AM
I haven't had any problems with customer service at the one I go to. The reward system is nice. Only issue I have is that you don't get much back for trading/selling products.
#8HorrorSindicatePosted 8/11/2014 5:12:42 AM
Compared to brick & mortar shops it's average and way above average in selection. Compared to online shopping it's poor except obviously you'll get your item faster if you buy it at a store.
---
I've seen the future, baby: it is murder
#9NM_hunterPosted 8/11/2014 5:17:00 AM
I've never had any problems with gamestop. Although I don't live in a country with one at the moment so I just go to a local game store or buy games online.
#10zerostarincPosted 8/11/2014 5:24:02 AM
28 votes in, no excellent