This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

RATE: Gamestop

#41Mithrandir_88Posted 8/11/2014 10:44:41 AM
More people need to push for local video game stores. In my area about four have popped up within 30 mins of me. These places solely deal in retro/used stuff. So I only use gamestop to get a game if I really want it new then when I'm finished I take it to one of those places for trade which always is way more than the 32 cents you'd get for a game six months old at gamestop. Recently I collected up roughly 8 or 9 PS3 games that I beat and had been sitting on the shelf for at least three months. I took them into one of the local owned stores he was gonna give me 65 dollars cash. I opted for trade and walked out with a N64 w/ expansion pak, two controllers, two memory cards and Mario 64.
#42agrissaPosted 8/11/2014 12:05:41 PM
Horrible.
---
Corporate greed has ruined gaming.
#43kamui80Posted 8/11/2014 12:09:24 PM
Gamestop has always been a last resort to me.
I think for buying games they are fine but for trades and stuff hell naw they just reap you off!
#44TheSpectrePosted 8/11/2014 12:41:20 PM
Gamestop should be obsolete. Why would people buy a physical copy of a game when they can buy it online and always have it? Besides, Gamestop is practically built on scamming people. Trying to get them to buy used copies of everything so they get the profit, trying to get you to pre-order everything under the sun when you can just download it and not have to worry about "inventory shortages", trying to shove that stupid membership with that crap magazine, not to mention buying used games off you for next to nothing. Its not worth it.
---
http://picard.ytmnd.com/
#45kamui80Posted 8/11/2014 12:43:33 PM
TheSpectre posted...
Gamestop should be obsolete. Why would people buy a physical copy of a game when they can buy it online and always have it? Besides, Gamestop is practically built on scamming people. Trying to get them to buy used copies of everything so they get the profit, trying to get you to pre-order everything under the sun when you can just download it and not have to worry about "inventory shortages", trying to shove that stupid membership with that crap magazine, not to mention buying used games off you for next to nothing. Its not worth it.

Exactly! Well said well said.
#46IceHuskyPosted 8/11/2014 1:11:06 PM
TheSpectre posted...

Yeah, I like how they've adopted this recent shady business tactic of ordering JUST enough games for preorders only on launch day, especially with big releases. Gamestop didn't use to do this as they always had more than enough copies of games to cover preorders and walk-ins too on the day of a game's launch, but I think they are doing it to encourage people to preorder and spend money on games with them first. What a joke! LOL!
---
My Game Collection: http://vgcollect.com/icewolf
I miss you Dad: 1943 - 2004
#47ArsenicSteelPosted 8/11/2014 1:44:43 PM
TheSpectre posted...

A business trying to sell stuff for profit. The horror.

Do you known that broadband internet isn't free and just given out to every gamer?

Gamestop isn't keeping physical alive. Physical being more accessible and owned would be why stores still sell physical products.
---
A heretic among heretics.
#48PuffPuffPastorPosted 8/16/2014 3:39:26 PM
If Consoles had sales and prices like Steam does I think Gamestop would go out of business

As long as Xbox live sells 4+ year old games for $30 or more this will never happen.
---
Jeice is bad.... but he aint that bad.