This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Games for 3D TV

#1mzsylverPosted 8/18/2014 8:41:04 AM
I'm getting a 3D TV and it looks like you can get some 3D games for PS3. Does anyone have any recommendations? Thank you!
---
Miz Sylver aka ruler of the known universe
cHecK ouT pRiZMaliTY aT http://www.prizmal.com
#2DarkSymbiotePosted 8/18/2014 8:42:30 AM
Batman: Arkham City

I'd advise not to waste money on a 3D TV.
---
My Watch Dogs Review:
gamefaqs.com/X360/673018-watch-dogs/reviews/review-158355
#3mzsylver(Topic Creator)Posted 8/18/2014 8:48:33 AM
It is a belated Christmas present from my mother. I always wanted a 3D TV (I know I'm foolish) and she was getting me an HD TV after I moved. I saw 3D versions of the TV for $250 more so I gave her the difference.

Thank you. I heard the Batman game was good. Did not hear about Avatar game (but I might get the 3D movie).
---
Miz Sylver aka ruler of the known universe
cHecK ouT pRiZMaliTY aT http://www.prizmal.com
#4ViciousXl2Posted 8/18/2014 8:51:32 AM
DarkSymbiote posted...

---
Live like a Windrammer as you ****
#5jellybeanmasterPosted 8/18/2014 8:54:04 AM
Best games. Kill zone and shadow of the colossus.

PS3 Netflix also has a 3D move section. Its mostly crap but itll make use of the tv
---
PSN:ProdijusX, GT:BUMBA CLAWT,
#6shawnmckPosted 8/18/2014 11:58:44 AM
The ones I've tried and really liked...

Resistance 3
Killzone 3
Motorstorm: Apocalypse
Doom 3 (BFG)
Crysis 2-3
CoD: Black Ops 1-2
House of the Dead: Project Overkill

Here are some others that I've heard about, but haven't tried...

Batman: Arkham City
Mortal Kombat Komplete

Uncharted 3 also supports 3-D, but for some reason it comes out flat for me. Nothing seems to pop out, even though I have it at max 3D.
Maybe your tv will be different..?
#7shawnmckPosted 8/18/2014 12:00:04 PM
ViciousXl2 posted...
DarkSymbiote posted...

^ Actually, 3D tvs have incredibly high refresh rates (they have to), so it makes them really good tvs, even in 2D.
#8shawnmckPosted 8/18/2014 12:10:11 PM(edited)
Also, a bit of an FYI...

There are two types of 3D tvs, Passive and Active-Shutter.

Passive is the oldest and cheapest method, and is generally the method most people have tried. This method displays two-images on the same screen at the same time, which reduces the image clarity. This is why many claim to get headaches or eye strain when viewing.
The glasses themselves are the cheaper kind, and are similar to what you might find in the movie theater. Again, this is the cheapest method, but is also the weakest 3D experience.

Active-Shutter is the new 3D type that was co developed by Sony, and involves displaying alternate images on-screen one after the other. Because only one image is shown at any one time, you get a much crisper picture, and with considerable less eye-strain. However, because the tv displays two-images, the glasses need to likewise alternate viewing angles at rapid succession, which means that the glasses need to be charged, and thus they are more expensive.

Depending on which model you have, your 3D experience will be somewhat different.
Active-shutter is the best possible method and also reduces eye-strain, but is also more expensive.
Passive is the cheapest method, but you get a somewhat blurrier image, which causes eye-strain and headaches in some individuals.

If you don't know which one your tv is, then simply inspect the glasses. If they require charging, then it is a Active-Shutter 3D tv....if they are just ordinary glasses that don't require charging, then it is a Passive 3D tv.
#9Kous52Posted 8/18/2014 12:17:03 PM
Jak And Daxter Collection. Uncharted 3 I think.
---
3DS FC: 1504-5689-5544. Fly Eagles fly!
#10VigilantStevePosted 8/18/2014 12:28:26 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_3D_PlayStation_3_games

Not sure if that's complete, but it's a much better list than I could give off the top of my head.

Sidenote: The 3D effects on Super Stardust HD are awesome!
---
http://psnprofiles.com/VigilantSteve