This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If you've ever imported games...

#1Matt-MooresPosted 8/19/2014 7:35:29 AM
...how many have you imported?

If not, say so. :-)
---
Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths.
#2Mad_CauliflowerPosted 8/19/2014 7:36:43 AM
A hell of a lot.

Even paid a guy a grand, away from his ebay auction, so I could claim the game without bidding for it
---
Those mostly foul, cry foul the most
If you open your mind too much, your brain will fall out
#3bizechildPosted 8/19/2014 7:38:05 AM
A few, on Dreamcast. Rez was the first one
#4GiappasBenzPosted 8/19/2014 7:57:05 AM
Just one.
#5Matt-Moores(Topic Creator)Posted 8/19/2014 7:58:17 AM
Wow. Doesn't the game's not being in your language annoying?
---
Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths.
#6QuestionmarktariusPosted 8/19/2014 8:07:35 AM
A gameboy game I don't remember, and that Tingle DS game.
That's about it.
#7DarkSymbiotePosted 8/19/2014 8:08:49 AM
None. Yet.
---
My Watch Dogs Review:
gamefaqs.com/X360/673018-watch-dogs/reviews/review-158355
#8EnigmaGamerPosted 8/19/2014 8:09:50 AM
the games I've done it with didn't need knowledge of other languages to play. There's a reason I refuse to import PS3 Vesperia even though I could play it by looking up guides for everything.

I've never done it on a PS3 game though, but I have

Breath of Fire 3 (PSP Europe version)
Mushihimesama Futari (360)
ESPGaluda II (360)
Eschatos (360)
Muchi Muchi Pork & Pink Sweets (360)
DoDonPachi Resurrection (360 Europe version)
DoDonPachi SaiDaiOuJou (360)

I also have Deathsmiles II via 360 Games on Demand because that was the only way to play it in the US officially.

Only PS3 game I can think of that I'd consider importing at the moment would maybe be Ketsui, but then I remember I don't really like Ketsui, so I'd pretty much be risking whether I like the X-Mode or not, which I don't feel like getting it to check that.

So the one RPG on the list was in English anyway and the others didn't require any knowledge of the language to play. Would have gotten Tales of Eternia on PSP if I didn't have to worry about getting a broken version that'd be unplayable since one of the prints is broken at a certain point and the others work.

I pretty much liked all of those except for both DoDonPachi games. Didn't end up playing very far into Breath of Fire III, though maybe I'll try again sometime.
#9TomoEK9Posted 8/19/2014 8:12:42 AM
Matt-Moores posted...

Depends on the game, not all games are text heavy or require much reading so you can get by without any understanding.
#10Matt-Moores(Topic Creator)Posted 8/19/2014 8:14:20 AM
TomoEK9 posted...
Matt-Moores posted...

Depends on the game, not all games are text heavy or require much reading so you can get by without any understanding.

Ah. Gotcha.
---