This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Final Fantasy II is one of the best Final Fantasy games.

#11face235Posted 8/22/2014 1:47:30 AM
I almost feel sorry for those who bought the FF1&2 Origins to play on their PSPs instead of getting the PSP versions which are far better and usually cheaper when Origins isn't on sale.

Almost.
---
I'M COMPLETELY OBLIVIOUS!! - Ema Skye
Official Golbez of the Zelda Social Board
#12prozac786Posted 8/22/2014 3:26:14 AM
Got both Origins and PSP versions. Prefer the PSP version.
---
PSN Prozac786
"It shows how poorly education and raised someone really are." bob15x
#13kaminarikidPosted 8/22/2014 2:39:33 PM
PringerX posted...
If you replace "Origins" with PSP, I'd completely agree with you.

Right? That's what I was thinking, too. No disrespect to Origins, but the PSP port is currently the best revision.
---
Just because a game gets Best Wii Game Of The Year, doesn't make it good.
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/Kaminari_Kid.png
#14Dawn_WandererPosted 8/22/2014 2:55:34 PM
RocketZXblue posted...
FF2 the game where you can ridiculously break the stats by attacking your own party and healing them over and over?
that's what I did on the GBA version it was pretty much the easiest FF game i've played (compared to FF1 to FF9)
FF5 was a pretty awesome game what with the 20 some job classes you can switch at any time it gave a lot of strategy options.
but I have to say FF9 is still quite the best game... not even nostalgia talking I've gone through FF1 to FF9, and FF13 and FF13-2, went back to play FF9 and it's still awesome

What kind of loser wastes time attacking their own party members?
---
Well, isn't that cute? ...BUT IT'S WRONG!!
#15wachimingoPosted 8/22/2014 3:45:00 PM
ff9 #1
---
psn: oilufi
3ds fc: 1177-6583-2099 (Nadie)
#16SirWaWaPosted 8/22/2014 9:02:07 PM
PSP version is better
wait for playstation/vita tv
#17RabitePosted 8/22/2014 9:09:29 PM
face235 posted...
I almost feel sorry for those who bought the FF1&2 Origins to play on their PSPs instead of getting the PSP versions which are far better and usually cheaper when Origins isn't on sale.

Almost.

Pity it's not on PSN in the US so that people can't play it on Vita. But FFO does work on Vita. Also I prefer the PS1 version of FF1 over the PSP version since it's closer to the original. Both are fun, but the PSP version is so damn easy. Also FF2 on PSP had that thing where everybody got HP increases every once in a while so you can get HP too easily.
---
What's a rabite doing in a place like this?
If all else fails use fire - Zelda 2 | Common sense isn't
#18jedigamer101Posted 8/25/2014 9:41:01 PM
1. The PSP port is the best version (goes for FF1 too)
2. FF2 is the worst of the main numbered entries (yeah, I like 13 more)

Just my opinion; take it with a grain of salt
---
PSN name: kcgamer101 [FC 4656-7662-0605]
[VIII>X>IX>VII>VI>IV>X-2>V>XIII>XIII-2>XII>I>III>II
#19VenustraphobiaPosted 8/25/2014 10:15:50 PM
To be fair, I've heard that the PSP verison of I & II dumb down the difficulty while Origins retains some of the challenge of the NES titles.
#20ShihaliPosted 8/29/2014 11:08:13 PM
Venustraphobia posted...
To be fair, I've heard that the PSP verison of I & II dumb down the difficulty while Origins retains some of the challenge of the NES titles.

That's because it's entirely true. The Origins versions are easier than the NES versions, but still hard to someone not used to old games. The PSP versions are far easier, with FF1 made so easy a random command bot could beat it and FF2 lowered to the difficulty of FF6~9.

i just can't get into the PSP version of FF1. The game is too easy. It's a little hypocritical of me to complain about a JRPG being too easy, but to me FF1's appeal was mostly in the challenge of resource management and the minigame of having to choose targets carefully, and the PSP version guts both. What challenge there is was moved to the optional dungeons.

But I'm fine with the PSP version of FF2. The soft level caps, while ridiculously high at the beginning, force relatively lower levels than FF1 if you proceed at a natural pace while allowing you to get a new skill up to speed in a dozen battles or so. PCs still hit the floor regularly and you still get game overs for being unprepared and stupid. The resource-management and careful targeting aspects are gone, but FF2 battles always had more going on than FF1 or FF3 battles, and the game has a better story too.