This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Poll: Has video game violence desensitized you to real life violence?

#1MourningReignsPosted 8/20/2014 9:27:44 PM
Poll: Has video game violence desensitized you to real life violence? - Results (1029 votes)
Yes
14.77% (152 votes)
No
85.23% (877 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Topic
---
I finally won a mod dispute. Too bad it got overturned a day after my suspension ended.
#2TheKnifeMonkeyPosted 8/20/2014 9:30:40 PM
Not even close. Go to a gore site or look at pictures of murder scenes. I still can only look at the edges of the pictures and make believe the rest with a quivering stomach. Video games still can't hold a candle to gruesome reality.
---
I was the C in the original LOLKNICKS on NBAB. 6/12/14
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/2000208-sports-and-racing-nba/69425810?page=12
#3Death_BornPosted 8/20/2014 9:32:25 PM
Heck no. There are still extremely few games that even try to have realistic gore anyway. Most of the time people either take no visible damage (just a spray of blood or something), or they cartoonishly explode.
#4ViciousXl2Posted 8/20/2014 9:33:07 PM
Not me personally.
I've looked up things like "shotgun/bullet wounds" out of morbid curiosity and felt pretty sick after seeing them.
Then again, I've never been in any real life situations with that level of physical violence, so I guess I have no real say in the matter.
---
Live like a Windrammer as you ****
#5DevilTears604Posted 8/20/2014 9:33:15 PM
No way. A death in a video game only amounts to a group of pixels arranged in a certain pattern. A dead human being is an entirely different story. Look what's happening in Ferguson right now. All that over one dead kid.
---
Gamers are too reactionary. Games are like fine wine, they must linger for us to get their true taste. There are plenty of examples.
#6Gaara_fanPosted 8/20/2014 9:35:24 PM
Living in heavy-violence country, videogame are the least that would have desensitized me.
---
"O Admonishing melody, arise in the of Necromancer. Mystic Cage"
PSN ID: Otonio_Bruno
#7Mad_CauliflowerPosted 8/20/2014 9:46:41 PM
nope. I'm emotionally detached so I don't get bothered at all to begin with.

I still respond to what should feel right and wrong, but death be it real or fake, just doesn't phase me
---
Those mostly foul, cry foul the most
If you open your mind too much, your brain will fall out
#8silly_sausagePosted 8/21/2014 12:03:54 AM
Hell friggin no. I've accidentally seen pictures of real gore and death, and it's always been horrible. I shake like crazy, lose my appetite for the next few hours, and don't end up sleeping. Nothing in all of gaming has even come close to reducing me to that.
---
John Lennon, 1940 - (Infinite Symbol)
PSN: naathaann
#9Mad_CauliflowerPosted 8/21/2014 12:04:55 AM
I once held a dead body in my arms (it was an oldie) so we could rearrange the body bag, and his head flopped on my shoulder and all his dinner came out.
---
Those mostly foul, cry foul the most
If you open your mind too much, your brain will fall out
#10ViciousXl2Posted 8/21/2014 1:02:05 AM
Mad_Cauliflower posted...
I once held a dead body in my arms (it was an oldie) so we could rearrange the body bag, and his head flopped on my shoulder and all his dinner came out.

Mortician, paramedic, or mobster?
---
Live like a Windrammer as you ****