This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Poll: How long should audiences wait to openly discussing spoilers w/o warning?

#21DarkSymbiotePosted 8/22/2014 1:08:53 AM
Garage_Man posted...
Absolutely destroyed the game. I finished it and it will forever remain as one of the biggest wastes of 60 hours ever.

What? I knew about that particular thing too but that wasn't the entire point of the entire game.
---
To get rid of that nasty new sidebar on the message boards go to Account Settings -> Advanced Options -> Message Board Settings -> Topic List Sidebar.
#22riddlebox89Posted 8/22/2014 1:11:31 AM
blackerfire_ posted...
Yeah, except for that group of people who were too young or not alive to see/play or otherwise enjoy something when it first came out.

No. Telling someone who the bad guy is in a mystery/thriller isn't "exaggerating" a story. It's spoiling and ruining the story.

I agree with the other part. Over-hyping something is bad. But spoiling and over-hyping are two totally different things.

And? Why should they get special treatment? A 5-10 year old game is a 5-10 year old game and after that, regardless of however many babies were born or how many people weren't old enough to play it when it was still new, people shouldn't need to have to use spoiler warnings after that long.

Did I say that? No I didn't. I said exaggerating the scene itself, which has to do with the entire scene, not the one event in the scene. And no, spoiling something doesn't always ruin it for others, quite a few people can have a story spoiled for them and still enjoy it, and quite a few people actually end up enjoying a story more because of the spoilers.

But when people say "Oh this scene was so sad, it's full of them feels." and whatnot to the point where they're over hyping it, then whether or not they actually spoiled the scene for the other person, it's not going to meet their expectations.

And I never said that spoiling and over hyping were two different things.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
#23blassterPosted 8/22/2014 1:53:42 AM
Never.

Any Tales fan here should know. We are still waiting for the official localization of Tales of Destiny 2. Someday, it will happen on PS4 like Symphonia Chronicles.

And yes, I'm definitely mad (like many Tales fan) that I already know who Judas is on ToD2, giving his popularity among the fanbase to this day.

But I refuse to spoil myself the plot ToD2 to this day still, even with all the cameos on recent Tales game (Barbatos in ToV or Reala in ToG). Hoping that someday, someday, a remastered or HD version of ToD 1 and 2 will be released, and localized on a newer console.
---
Anticipating: DeSu2 BR, P4 Ultimax, MGS5.
I actually feel more embarrassed to purchase AKB48 DVD compared to any kind of game / anime / manga.
#24OracleGunnerPosted 8/22/2014 3:11:58 AM
1 second.
---
The Unofficial Iron Castle That Smashes Through Mountains of every board in the multiverse. ppl who got it:4
The Official Tlaloc of the SMT IV board.
#25brolynickPosted 8/22/2014 4:35:38 AM
Never. Movies, tv shows, games, people should NEVER spoil something without some type of warning first.

For example I was watching a Youtube video for a random game, went to the comments and immediately saw ''____ from Game Of Thrones dies next season''

HOW THE **** WAS THAT NECESSARY. YOU ****ING POOPSTAIN.

Yes, I still mad
---
Nothing isn't better or worse than anything. Nothing is just... nothing.
#26GiappasBenzPosted 8/22/2014 4:41:26 AM(edited)
silly_sausage posted...
Aeris' death is commonly openly referenced without spoiler warning

I was modded for talking about that without spoilers. No way to appeal.
#27Mad_CauliflowerPosted 8/22/2014 4:43:24 AM
never.

I personally give myself 3 months, from the date of a game purchase, before i'm cool for spoilers
---
Those mostly foul, cry foul the most
If you open your mind too much, your brain will fall out
#28Deja-EntenduPosted 8/22/2014 5:33:18 AM
They should just keep tagging spoilers as long as they are posting about spoilers. It takes like no effort, and it keeps people from being mad
---
bettr than u deal w/ it
Album of the week: Down on the Upside- Soundgarden https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FK-E71elbEU
#29blackerfire_Posted 8/22/2014 6:13:05 AM
riddlebox89 posted...
Did I say that? No I didn't. I said exaggerating the scene itself, which has to do with the entire scene, not the one event in the scene. And no, spoiling something doesn't always ruin it for others, quite a few people can have a story spoiled for them and still enjoy it, and quite a few people actually end up enjoying a story more because of the spoilers.

Yeah, actually you did say that. Blaze21 said it's harder for someone to enjoy something if it gets spoiled. You then said "it's only because people exaggerate it" which is wrong.

If you're one of those people where spoilers don't matter to you, cool. Every person is different. Doesn't give you the right to impose some arbitrarily chosen rule you've come up with to justify ruining something for somebody else.

riddlebox89 posted...
And I never said that spoiling and over hyping were two different things.

I'm going to assume this is a typo and infer that you meant to say "I never said that spoiling and over hyping were not two different things" because the comment makes no sense otherwise. And in response, your comment is still wrong. If you spoil a scene, it ruins it for most people. Over exaggerating it too, it ruins it even more. Spoiling a scene removes any mystery/shock/self discovery of it. Over hyping it makes it seem better than it is, thus making a person disappointed when they experience it on that front too. However, if you didn't talk about it at ALL, then the whole situation is avoided. You can't over exaggerate a spoiler scene if you don't spoil it in the first place.

See how that works?
#30MourningReigns(Topic Creator)Posted 8/22/2014 9:34:17 AM
brolynick posted...
Never. Movies, tv shows, games, people should NEVER spoil something without some type of warning first.

For example I was watching a Youtube video for a random game, went to the comments and immediately saw ''____ from Game Of Thrones dies next season''

HOW THE **** WAS THAT NECESSARY. YOU ****ING POOPSTAIN.

Yes, I still mad

That doesn't really apply to waiting though, does it? Yeah, the books are old but the television show is current. Yeah, you shouldn't spoil something that's going to happen in the future, but if 5 years after the show has ended, you can't say in Season 5 Frank Stanley dies?
---
I finally won a mod dispute. Too bad it got overturned a day after my suspension ended.