This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Poll: How long should audiences wait to openly discussing spoilers w/o warning?

#51DarkSymbiotePosted 8/22/2014 11:12:00 PM
People who keep posting "why haven't you played X game yet?" can't be serious, can they?

Folks, we all can't play games as soon as they are out even if we are highly interested in them. Some games are exclusive to a system and we can't go out and get them immediately. I haven't played a Persona game yet but I would like to one day.

Also, we weren't born early. It was impossible that I would have played FFVII when it was out as I was five at the time.

Going to the MGS4 expecting to avoid spoilers for it is stupid, but getting it spoiled while you are browsing a Mario board is absolutely offensive.
---
To get rid of that nasty new sidebar on the message boards go to Account Settings -> Advanced Options -> Message Board Settings -> Topic List Sidebar.
#52silly_sausagePosted 8/23/2014 8:05:43 PM
I was seriously modded for "spoilling" Citizen Kane?!?! The 70+ year old movie synonymous with a spoiler so well known, so referenced and parodied, so ingrained in popular culture, that a spoiler warning would have been inherently sarcastic?

Hey guys, the Planet of the Apes was actually Earth all along!
And soylent green is... people!!
And in The 6th Sense, Bruce Willis was actually a pretty chill dude!!!

If the true identity of the enigmatic Rosebud is still considered a spoiler, videogames have no hope.
---
John Lennon, 1940 - (Infinite Symbol)
PSN: naathaann
#53CammyApplePosted 8/23/2014 8:08:43 PM
silly_sausage posted...
I was seriously modded for "spoilling" Citizen Kane?!?! The 70+ year old movie synonymous with a spoiler so well known, so referenced and parodied, so ingrained in popular culture, that a spoiler warning would have been inherently sarcastic?

Hey guys, the Planet of the Apes was actually Earth all along!
And soylent green is... people!!
And in The 6th Sense, Bruce Willis was actually a pretty chill dude!!!

If the true identity of the enigmatic Rosebud is still considered a spoiler, videogames have no hope.

It is. I've lost Karma for it too.
---
Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.
Go hardcore with glitter on the floor.
#54DeaDz29Posted 8/23/2014 8:20:07 PM
Only time I had something major spoiled for me in Persona 4

Who the main villain was really sucked >_<

I'd say around 6 months to a year, but really I'm fine with it as long as someone puts the actual spoiler in a spoiler tag, and leave what the game is outside of said spoiler tag.
---
My Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/NoireRulz29
My life is Noire! My Noire/Black Heart Shrines <3: http://i.imgur.com/TBRhNXj.jpg
#55CammyApplePosted 8/23/2014 8:28:41 PM
I've been modded for

"Spike dies" (Cowboy bebop)
---
Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.
Go hardcore with glitter on the floor.
#56Gaara_fanPosted 8/23/2014 9:06:36 PM
Personal opinion: People whine too much about spoilers. 1 year is good enough, for any media (book, movie or game). If you don't want spoilers, don't visit places that will give you spoilers. And it baffles me spoilers are moddable offense on this very website when most of FAQs here actually are the biggest source of spoilers.

Mods in this place are hilarious.
---
"O Admonishing melody, arise in the of Necromancer. Mystic Cage"
PSN ID: Otonio_Bruno
#57calhoun1389Posted 8/23/2014 9:18:35 PM
Gaara_fan posted...
And it baffles me spoilers are moddable offense on this very website when most of FAQs here actually are the biggest source of spoilers.

Are they? I knew for a fact reviews on this site aren't because someone reviews your writing before allowing it to be posted. Putting spoilers in it (regardless of whether they're tagged or not) will result in instant rejection of the review. I just kind of assumed FAQs were under the same guidelines.
---
Behold and gaze upon the magnificent monstrosity what stands before thee; the beast of possibility.
http://backloggery.com/calhoun1389
#58Extreme_lightPosted 8/23/2014 9:38:51 PM
Gaara_fan posted...
If you don't want spoilers, don't visit places that will give you spoilers.

So basically the entire internet?
---
In this dying world, nothing is more precious than time. Why do you waste it on me? Does my victory still sting? Do you seek vindication?"
#wokeuplikedis
#59calhoun1389Posted 8/23/2014 9:42:49 PM
Extreme_light posted...
Gaara_fan posted...

No, but one can make an argument for gaming forums, especially those pertaining to the game you're playing. If you need help just getting past a certain point, you have google for that. The forums are here for us to discuss the game, which often entails discussing spoilers. No one wants to see a forum that is almost entirely blacked out (like the ATLA subreddit was all Friday and Saturday).
---
Behold and gaze upon the magnificent monstrosity what stands before thee; the beast of possibility.
http://backloggery.com/calhoun1389
#60Gaara_fanPosted 8/23/2014 9:47:23 PM
calhoun1389 posted...
Gaara_fan posted...
And it baffles me spoilers are moddable offense on this very website when most of FAQs here actually are the biggest source of spoilers.

Are they? I knew for a fact reviews on this site aren't because someone reviews your writing before allowing it to be posted. Putting spoilers in it (regardless of whether they're tagged or not) will result in instant rejection of the review. I just kind of assumed FAQs were under the same guidelines.

Some authors are actually write so their guide has less spoilers as possible, but majority of big guides (Get any rpg for example) and there will be tons of spoilers on it. I dunno how guidelines are today, but any game pre-2010 that has a complete FAQ/walkthrough is filled with it.

Extreme_light posted...
Gaara_fan posted...

Yes. Especially if it's a new released thing. You're going to spoiled regardless you like it or not.
---
"O Admonishing melody, arise in the of Necromancer. Mystic Cage"
PSN ID: Otonio_Bruno