This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

$15 Devil May Cry HD Collection vs. $10 DmC: Devil May Cry

#11BillysanPosted 8/23/2014 2:00:02 AM
orcagamers posted...
The poll is very suprising. Why would you rather play some old weak ports over something new and better looking/controlling?

Or is the poll mostly the idealistic value of your sweet , past memories of these games?! (I would understand this easily, and its ok of course.)

Probably because the combat system in DMC3 is far superior to DmC. Oh and the controls are really weak next to DMC3.
---
http://billysan291.deviantart.com/
PSN: Billysan291 3DS FC:4914-2847-6766
#12CLupulaPosted 8/25/2014 3:31:23 AM
orcagamers posted...
The poll is very suprising. Why would you rather play some old weak ports over something new and better looking/controlling?

Or is the poll mostly the idealistic value of your sweet , past memories of these games?! (I would understand this easily, and its ok of course.)

But really if you now have the chance to play the hd collection or the ps3s DMC game, this should be an easy decision.

Plus DMC supports custom soundtracks just like bayonetta and dantes inferno.

Is it hard to live without taste?
#13W3lkinPosted 8/25/2014 4:20:54 AM
Holy **** the DMC topics always deliver some of the craziest nonsense... Did i just witness somebody say that the Reboot controls better than DMC3???

Honestly i don't even know what to say to something so absurd.
#14MGS4SNAKEPosted 8/25/2014 7:12:38 AM
I wouldn't rely on ppl here.

YouTube the reviews for every DMC game, from there you'll know what you want. I enjoyed DMC, never played 2, went halfway on 3 and finished 4 which was a bad game.

DmC looks fantastic and the demo was entertaining, really enjoyed the voice acting, its on my to get list. DMC is only worth the price, meanwhile I'll pay an extra 10 for DmC, maybe I feel this way because the old games aged good and DMC4 made me not look at the franchise for awhile.
---
GFAQS follow me on Ig: _v3n0m_ (i'll follow back asap)
"PLAY at your own risk"
#15theshovellerPosted 8/25/2014 9:23:39 AM
Both. $25 for... what, like 4 games? That's not a bad deal. People give DmC a bad rap but it mainly stems from comparing it to the other games in the series (which isn't necessarily a bad thing,) but on its own it's not that bad a game. It has a unique take on Dante's backstory (which is what DMC3 basically covers) and the combat has its own taste to it.

Plus, with all that, you'd only be missing one single DMC game, and that's DMC4. Regardless, I'd say give them all a chance.
---
Stupid, stupid rat creatures!!!
#16Mr_Big_BossPosted 8/25/2014 10:17:16 AM
You can either get two good games for $7.50 each or you can get one mediocre game for $10.

This should be an easy decision.
---
the end of one nightmare, prelude to the another...
#17A_Nonny_MoosePosted 8/25/2014 10:23:58 AM
DMC1 and 3 are absolute classics. If you're going to play any DMC games it should be those. Get the HD collection.
---
http://i.imgur.com/QB2km.png
#18marksam91Posted 8/25/2014 11:09:36 AM
Devil May Cry 3 is a lot better than DmC, which is pretty good to be fair.

I would personally get the HD collection The original DMC is still fun to play and you can just skip 2 (or play it just to play it, there is some enjoyment to be had).

$10 is a good price for DmC anyway.
#19A_Nonny_MoosePosted 8/25/2014 4:38:45 PM
orcagamers posted...
But really if you now have the chance to play the hd collection or the ps3s DMC game, this should be an easy decision.

Yeah, the HD collection. Having playing DMC1, 3, 4 and DmC all recently, DmC easily comes off as the worst of the bunch.

DMC1 is comparatively very simple, and the camera can be annoying, but otherwise it's great. The controls are fine, the atmosphere and music are still unrivaled in the genre, and it has the best sense of impact from the moves. Best enemy designs in the series too. It's my personal favourite.

DMC3 is a masterpiece. Only thing I don't like about it is the music. The biggest achievement (outside the gameplay) in DMC3 is a great use of the medium to characterise Dante, which is something DmC really failed at.

DMC4 I really enjoyed. It has it's problems and I can understand why people don't like it but Nero was fun, it looked wonderful, it brought back some of the cool enemies from DMC1, it had some cool bosses, and DMC4 Dante is arguably the current pinnacle of action/hack 'n' slash characters. DMC3 has more depth to each individual loadout, but the amount of stuff Dante has access to on the go is really incredible.

DmC... I'll give it this; It's greater than the sum of it's parts. Because even though it did nearly everything fundamentally wrong it still ended a slightly decent (at the very least playable) game. Were it not called Devil may Cry, all it's problems wouldn't matter so much.
---
http://i.imgur.com/QB2km.png