This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The process to shut down Playstation Home begins

#1Gamer4ever77Posted 8/22/2014 12:51:48 PM
http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2014-08-22-playstation-home-to-shut-march-2015-in-japan-and-asia

Asia first. US probably next year too. RIP :(
---
Minnesota Vikings 2014 0-0
#2PlaysaverPosted 8/23/2014 9:37:27 AM
I never liked Playstation home and avoided it once I started hearing stories of people getting banned from their psn accounts for being even the tiniest bit rude while on it.

I'm really not a fan of a system that bans the whole account when they should really just be banning you from online interaction. I don't like the concept that you should be risking all your psn digital buys for a possible perceived insult to someone. I wouldn't be losing anything, but my psn account, if I had all my games as discs. In all fairness sony should be letting us keep our digital buys even if we've done something that requires our online interactions with other people to be lost.
#3RHFPosted 8/23/2014 9:39:44 AM
Maybe if they got it out of beta it'd stay. I liked it at first but there wasn't a lot to do there.
---
For great justice! And Fruit Pies! *Official #1 supporter for Hsien-ko*
#4rswsc0407Posted 8/23/2014 9:40:13 AM
I only ever used it for the free games they gave us.
---
Red Sox World Series Champions 2004 & 2007= My ID. PSN ID- rswsc0407
#5My_UnitPosted 8/23/2014 9:44:39 AM
Good riddance. Nothing but a pre-teen hookup spot.
---
The Last of Us is the greatest game in the last decade. There is no argument. Number of people who agree - 410
#6GiappasBenzPosted 8/23/2014 9:49:28 AM
rswsc0407 posted...
I only ever used it for the free games they gave us.

Same here. Too bad Europe got shafted as usual. They gave us RE1-themed furniture instead of the actual PSOne Classic <_<"
#7My_UnitPosted 8/23/2014 9:51:21 AM
Does this mean the quest for greatness is at an end then as well?
---
The Last of Us is the greatest game in the last decade. There is no argument. Number of people who agree - 410
#8GiappasBenzPosted 8/23/2014 9:53:51 AM
My_Unit posted...
Does this mean the quest for greatness is at an end then as well?

Japan and Asia didn't get it, i guess... but yeah codes for US are probably over, who knows. I got everything on my US account.
#9dankanefanPosted 8/23/2014 9:56:38 AM
There has been nothing said about the US and Europe losing Home from what I've seen. It never performed well in Japan and that is why it is being shut down. Europe and the US versions will probably stick around for a while. They are still very active. For anyone who hasn't been on it since it first launched, I'd suggest checking it out again. It's MUCH improved since back in those days. There's a ton of great stuff on there now.
---
Sac City Gamer - http://www.saccitygamer.com
#10GiappasBenzPosted 8/23/2014 9:59:17 AM
dankanefan posted...
There has been nothing said about the US and Europe losing Home from what I've seen.

Yes, they planned the Asia shutdown a loooong time ago... they announced that they would stop releasing new content a year ago. It ended on March.