This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Trying to remember some old games

#1Blue7Posted 8/22/2014 9:51:10 PM(edited)
First game I'm trying to name had 3 protagonist you can switch to on the fly. There was a guy with silver hair who wielded a broad sword, a red headed guy who can use rapiers and spears(I think), and a female who's weapon I forgot. They were cursed by the big bad, I assume, to share the same health. If one were to die, so were the others. And they were on a quest to remove the curse. This game was also the sequel(I think) of another game I'm trying to remember that starred the silver haired fellow and another female.

Second game that I'm trying to place a name to was a fighting game, but the fighting was set in these large arenas where you have free range of movement. I remember being a lot of projectile specials flying willy nilly. My brothers and I had a lot of fun.

Last game I'm trying to remember was another fighting game, but in this one you can fly and you fight in these small oval like arenas with invisible boarders. It reminded me a lot of how Zone of Enders 2 multiplayer was like, but the arenas were a lot smaller, so it was a bit more hectic.

I'm sorry if these descriptions don't help at all, but any help would be appreciated! Thanks in advance.
---
War:"I never change? **** you! You don't know me!" The Four Horsemen of Apocalypse on Fallout: Tactics
#2carsaucePosted 8/22/2014 9:58:05 PM
The first game sound a lot like Ys Seven and Ys Memories of Celcetta

Both are portable games.

I mean there only one dude behind cos that red hair style and that's Adol Cristin.
---
Someday, someone will walk into your life and make you realize why it never worked out with anyone else. -anonymous
#3lambchipsPosted 8/22/2014 10:05:15 PM(edited)
what system did you play the second and third game on? theres far too many arena fighters that fits that criteria
---
i7 3820@ 3.60GHz| 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz DDR3| Gigabyte GTX670 2GB OC| Intel 520 Series 120GB SSD| Antec EarthWatts 750W Green
#4Blue7(Topic Creator)Posted 8/22/2014 10:11:37 PM
All games were on the Playstation. The first game may have been on the Playstation 2
---
War:"I never change? **** you! You don't know me!" The Four Horsemen of Apocalypse on Fallout: Tactics
#5yenmaster1Posted 8/22/2014 10:52:56 PM
The second game sounds like Destrega, but I'm probably wrong.
#6Dash_Dash88Posted 8/22/2014 11:20:40 PM
Second game sounds like powerstone, which it can't be if you played it on playstation. Not sure to be honest
---
Bricks don't roll
PSN Dasha_UK XBL Dasha UK NNID Dasha88
#7Bleu_SkiePosted 8/22/2014 11:25:41 PM
Perhaps Battle arena toshinden? I'll think about the rest but it's pretty vague.
---
I see you talking, but all I hear is syphilis! -Stocking Anarchy
#8lambchipsPosted 8/22/2014 11:37:49 PM
The arena fighters could also be gundam and armored core games
^ there is also custom robot and gotcha force but those arent on playstation
---
i7 3820@ 3.60GHz| 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz DDR3| Gigabyte GTX670 2GB OC| Intel 520 Series 120GB SSD| Antec EarthWatts 750W Green
#9Blue7(Topic Creator)Posted 8/23/2014 12:54:53 AM
yenmaster1 posted...
The second game sounds like Destrega, but I'm probably wrong.

No, you got it! How awesome, thanks a ton! Watching videos of it now with a smile on my face. Good times. I really loved that game back in the days.
---
#10Blue7(Topic Creator)Posted 8/23/2014 1:10:25 AM
I also found the name of the first game: Forever Kingdom! And I learned the prequels name as well which is named Evergrace! I don't remember playing Forever Kingdom much, but I do remember Evergrace. I used to be in love with the soundtrack, hell I still remembered the overworld's theme after all this time.
---