This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I played 15 mins of Metal Gear Rising and..

#21EbonTitaniumPosted 8/23/2014 5:03:06 PM
I played the demo. Didn't like it.
---
What can I say? I love a badass woman.
#22Reginleif20Posted 8/23/2014 5:05:45 PM
justaseabass posted...
I sucked. I didn't like the game even though I'm a fan of hack and slash.

Fix'd
---
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
#23GamerRafPosted 8/23/2014 5:11:04 PM
Tagged TC as a troll. MGRR is one of the best hack and slash games on the PS3/360/PC. It's worth the $60 retail but worth the $30 I got it on sale.
---
"Lets release a console with no games and no marketing." -Satoru Iwata, 2012
Parappa VA scammer diss song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtDU20PNNHY
#24rafamaximoPosted 8/23/2014 6:07:13 PM
justaseabass posted...
It sucked. I didn't like the game even though I'm a fan of hack and slash.

I played it a couple hours, never touched it again. And I'm a HUGE Metal Gear fan. From start, I thought it was just stupid that Raiden was turned into a "ninja" again after MGS4 ending. And to make things even more nonsense, they suddenly turned him into a douche. Who played MGS2 understands what I'm talking about.
#25Mad_CauliflowerPosted 8/23/2014 6:10:37 PM
I feel that the sword swinging mechanic simply doesn't work for me. Potential out the ass, but it didn't deliver.

Some got the hang of it, and I definitely envy them, but controlling the sword with the left stick simply felt odd, and switching it had me constantly panning the camera upwards as I went into the slice mode, as I was usually running forward.

No win for me
---
Those mostly foul, cry foul the most
If you open your mind too much, your brain will fall out
#26mastergamer0001Posted 8/24/2014 7:51:22 AM
VideoGameXV posted...
I loved the game personally and replayed it many times, the story wasn't as great as other Metal Gear games and it was a bit short but as a hack 'n' slash game it'd be slightly annoying if there was 20 minute cut-scenes in-between each stage, the way I see it, it's called Metal Gear RISING not Metal Gear SOLID so it's like a separate series (though is still technically canon, takes place 4 years after MGS4)

More like semi-canon. IIRC, Kojima said MGR:R takes place in an alternate timeline; all the Metal Gear games up to MGS4 (timeline wise) officially happened for MGR:R, but MGR:R won't have happened for any future MGS games taking place after MGS4.

It's kind of like how Nier takes place after the secret ending of Drakengard but Drakengard 2/3 follow a different ending.
---
"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt."
#27PStrifePosted 8/24/2014 7:55:51 AM
You are all responsible for Raiden turning out this way. You made him this way.
#28majin nemesisPosted 8/24/2014 8:00:17 AM
PStrife posted...
You are all responsible for Raiden turning out this way. You made him this way.

then we did a good job
---
"I love mankind it's people i can't stand"-Linus van Pelt,Peanuts
#29Jx1010Posted 8/24/2014 8:04:48 AM
15 mins?
thats not enough bro
#30kaminarikidPosted 8/24/2014 8:40:22 AM
get good.
---
Just because a game gets Best Wii Game Of The Year, doesn't make it good.
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/Kaminari_Kid.png