This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

It's sad that the Call of Duty game I always reach for is World at War...

#1POOKISTANPosted 8/23/2014 10:58:23 PM
Before Call of Duty is what it is today, it pretty much single-handedly tired out the World War II era of FPS gaming. Yeah, it had help from Medal of Honor ('cuz that was popular, once upon a time!), but I think it had the most direct roll in this.

Either way, World at War was made after the phenomenal Call of Duty 4: Modern Combat. The main difference, and what keeps me reaching for it, is the fact that this is the only Call of Duty game with full campaign co-op.

Yeah - Since then there's been co-op. Fight against gunless zombies, fight through a side-campaign, or fight through a horde mode where people do have guns but for some f****** reason the amount of players is limited to 2!

X(

World at War not only has full campaign co-op, but it also supports four players during it! Consider this, along with everything that's written before it, and you'll come to a sad realization: The co-op mode of every Call of Duty game since its release has been a massive letdown.

I just think it's kinda' funny (in a bad sorta' way) that of all the Call of Duty games I stick in my console it's this one. I suppose I should mention that I really enjoy more modern settings in war games a lot more which further makes the fact that I go to this game again and again, strange!

But, just thought I'd comment on this, since it's an odd anomaly I've noticed in my gaming patterns on what's prolly considered the defining game for gaming [unfortunately].

I really wish they'd give full campaign co-op another shot - If it supports 4P like WaW, that'd be even better! But the fact remains that it's goddamn sad to see such a successful franchise that makes so much money, and know that the best co-op they've released was almost six years ago!

:(
#2MGS4SNAKEPosted 8/23/2014 11:04:40 PM
1. Rate Campaign mode 1 through 10...
2. 2-4 Co-op, can we finish Campaign on veteran?
3. Online multiplayer still active?
---
GFAQS follow me on Ig: _v3n0m_ (i'll follow back asap)
"PLAY at your own risk"
#3POOKISTAN(Topic Creator)Posted 8/23/2014 11:35:47 PM
o.O

*Looks at list...*

Well, rating is subjective and why the f*** would you group 2P and 4P co-op when it's so painfully obvious that 4P is an amazingly better experience (assuming you can max out the players - If you can't then you don't have experience in the matter, so your opinions is...).

And, if you were wondering I just played with two other people in the co-op. It was good but, in the end, why has it been so long since we've seen this attempted by CoD again!? Are they too cowardly to change the code more than copy/paste with a few tricks?

-_-
#4jo3l123456789Posted 8/23/2014 11:52:01 PM
Either way, World at War was made after the phenomenal Call of Duty 4: Modern Combat. The main difference, and what keeps me reaching for it, is the fact that this is the only Call of Duty game with full campaign co-op.

Didn't know it was called Call of Duty 4: Modern Combat? I think you were meant to say Modern Warfare.

But besides that i totally agree with you, although I'd way prefer WW2 setting as the modern era Call of Duty's are getting way over the top that's why i stopped playing after Modern Warfare 2.
---
PSN: silent_killer90
#5KishinZephritePosted 8/23/2014 11:52:57 PM
I actually loved playing it on veteran with others when there were more people on (which creates the meta game of "will this random quit before I can help carry us to victory?"). Haven't played a cod single player (or cod in general) for months now.
---
MW2 3rd prestige 5.5 K/D Youtube-Kishinz
Last of Us supply raid mp 2.3 K/D PSN: KishinOmega
#6PS4addictPosted 8/24/2014 12:25:11 AM
I thought the Modern Warfare campaigns were great and fun but I would not buy a call of duty for that. I bought it for the spec ops, survival and multiplayer.

Someone tell sony thats how you make a successful game. With all these components and bots/AI online.
#7MGS4SNAKEPosted 8/25/2014 7:03:06 AM
POOKISTAN posted...
o.O

*Looks at list...*

Well, rating is subjective and why the f*** would you group 2P and 4P

-_-

2P to 4P, not 2P and 4P child.
---
GFAQS follow me on Ig: _v3n0m_ (i'll follow back asap)
"PLAY at your own risk"
#8ComradeRyanPosted 8/25/2014 8:41:39 AM
One can only hope for a new World War II Call of Duty game. 2-4 player co-op campaign would be nice.
---
We must reverse Citizens United, Restore our Democracy, and Save the Republic. Join the Fight for Free and Fair Elections in America!
http://www.wolf-pac.com
#9Bat178Posted 8/25/2014 9:36:13 AM(edited)
In my opinion, World at War was the last good Call of Duty game. I miss WW2 games, even if they did make too many of them in the early 2000s (Though modern military games are even more oversaturated now than WW2 games were back then). I am sick of all the modern/near future American military FPSs that flood the market now, and I prefer WW2-era weaponry and settings.
---
Awww, isn't that cute? He thinks he can beat me!
#10wigsplasherPosted 8/25/2014 9:47:51 AM
POOKISTAN posted...
Before Call of Duty is what it is today, it pretty much single-handedly tired out the World War II era of FPS gaming. Yeah, it had help from Medal of Honor ('cuz that was popular, once upon a time!), but I think it had the most direct roll in this.

What makes it even worse is that the guys who made the Medal of Honor games went on to make... The Call of Duty games.
---
Richard Gere is starting a rock band called... Metal Gere..!?