This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Want to start playing Ratchet and Clank..

#11wigsplasherPosted 8/24/2014 7:53:07 PM
sonicteam2k1 posted...
good call to play Ratchet and Clank form the beginning. Was playing the PS2 version on my LCD and everything looked awful, hard to see, colors washed out....etc. I even have component cables hooked up.

Popped in the PS3 version and made it much more enjoyable and was easy to tell where to go via the map. Stupid for not playing that version anyway since it was redone in 16:9. Just being able to see everything correctly makes a huge difference.

incredible game btw. Can't wait to finish the rest of the series.

It only gets better with each entry. Enjoy!
---
Richard Gere is starting a rock band called... Metal Gere..!?
#12kingdrake2Posted 8/24/2014 8:03:44 PM
wigsplasher posted...
sonicteam2k1 posted...
good call to play Ratchet and Clank form the beginning. Was playing the PS2 version on my LCD and everything looked awful, hard to see, colors washed out....etc. I even have component cables hooked up.

Popped in the PS3 version and made it much more enjoyable and was easy to tell where to go via the map. Stupid for not playing that version anyway since it was redone in 16:9. Just being able to see everything correctly makes a huge difference.

incredible game btw. Can't wait to finish the rest of the series.

It only gets better with each entry. Enjoy!

i can confirm this.... i did skip tools of destruction because of no trophy. enjoyed the challenge of a crack in time. some of those battle's/challenges were hard.
---
PSN trophy amount atm: 699 bronze, 228 silver, 80 gold, 16 platinum
currently playing: rainbow moon (trophy's and endgame), lego batman 2: DC super heroes
#13sonicteam2k1(Topic Creator)Posted 8/25/2014 2:52:41 AM
I heard they put the multi player back into UYA. Is it active?
---
See The Game Collection
http://people.ign.com/nights_team2k7/games
#14Onion_JrPosted 8/25/2014 5:33:25 AM
You could skip Size Matters, Secret Agent Clank, Full Frontal Assault and All 4 One. They are spin offs and not nearly as good as the main series. All 4 One could be fun with friends though.

Can't comment on the multiplayer, but I recommend you to play both the PS2 series and the PS3 series. All of them are fantastic games even though the first game's controls feel a bit dated. A Crack in Time is one of my favorite games ever, truly a masterpiece in its genre.
---
Still closed... Still closed...
#15TehRYNOLPosted 8/25/2014 6:17:24 AM
I'd recommend starting the original trilogy, then playing the Future games. Note that if you decide to buy Into the Nexus, you get a free copy of Quest for Booty as well. Those two games are really short though, so if you're not huge on the series you're not missing much. But if you decide you really like them, go on and play Deadlocked, Size Matters, Into the Nexus, and Quest for Booty. Secret Agent Clank, All 4 One, and Full Frontal Assault play really differently, but those are fun in their own ways as well.
---
Official Gas Station of the Versus/Agito boards. | PSN: Gowow20
Not changing sig until Dr. Dre releases Detox! Started: October 13th 2009
#16sonicteam2k1(Topic Creator)Posted 8/25/2014 8:18:28 AM
TehRYNOL posted...
I'd recommend starting the original trilogy, then playing the Future games. Note that if you decide to buy Into the Nexus, you get a free copy of Quest for Booty as well. Those two games are really short though, so if you're not huge on the series you're not missing much. But if you decide you really like them, go on and play Deadlocked, Size Matters, Into the Nexus, and Quest for Booty. Secret Agent Clank, All 4 One, and Full Frontal Assault play really differently, but those are fun in their own ways as well.

I have Into the Nexus and Quest for Booty. I'm interested in those. Not sure about Deadlocked. What is it like? Is it just an arena shooter of sorts? I need more info.

Not really interested in Size Matters. I have it but it doesn't seem fun at all really. I might give it more time later.
---
See The Game Collection
#17servb0tsPosted 8/25/2014 8:58:18 AM
Start from first R&C if you get stuck just YouTube a walk through
---
PSN Qornut. Own Nintendo & Sony systems.
A Real Ass Gamer would want more Games, not Less, Regardless of the Genre or Console System!
#18sonicteam2k1(Topic Creator)Posted 8/25/2014 10:55:53 AM
What is Ratchet Deadlocked like?
---
See The Game Collection
#19mrman179Posted 8/25/2014 11:16:28 AM
Ratchet deadlocked is a arena shooter, the kind that just throw hundreds of enemies at you so yeah its a horde style game, but it also has the most expansive level up system in the series(by most expansive i mean i have beaten it....i actually dont no how many times i have beaten it...hu... but anyway i beat it ALOT at least a 100+ all my weapons are level 99 its the level cap for weapons, and my health is over 4700, by the way you only get 1 health point in deadlocked for each nanotech upgrade, and my health is still going up with no sign of slowing down)and by the way there is literally no reason to play size matters outside of gameplay whatsoever its not developed by the same team as the others it does'nt even line up correctly with the official story of the RAC universe THATS RIGHT its not even canon, so there is absolutely no reason whatsover(i cannot stress that enough) to play size matters
---
some time you gotta go BIG BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGGGG-"Krieg from borderlands 2"
#20wigsplasherPosted 8/25/2014 11:38:27 AM
mrman179 posted...
Ratchet deadlocked is a arena shooter, the kind that just throw hundreds of enemies at you so yeah its a horde style game, but it also has the most expansive level up system in the series(by most expansive i mean i have beaten it....i actually dont no how many times i have beaten it...hu... but anyway i beat it ALOT at least a 100+ all my weapons are level 99 its the level cap for weapons, and my health is over 4700, by the way you only get 1 health point in deadlocked for each nanotech upgrade, and my health is still going up with no sign of slowing down)and by the way there is literally no reason to play size matters outside of gameplay whatsoever its not developed by the same team as the others it does'nt even line up correctly with the official story of the RAC universe THATS RIGHT its not even canon, so there is absolutely no reason whatsover(i cannot stress that enough) to play size matters

Nice punctuation
---
Richard Gere is starting a rock band called... Metal Gere..!?