This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So i just finished DMC 1, should I play DMC 2 now?

#11dillpickle69Posted 8/24/2014 8:18:36 PM
Everyone's gonna say to skip 2 to emphasize how bad it is but honestly, since you said you don't really find games bad you might as well give it a shot. Plus looking at it optimistically, there's either a chance you'll like it, or even if you don't, you'll appreciate 3 all the more.
---
"They don't love you, they won't pet sit your cats. As a matter of fact for fifty cents they'll beat you with a pool stick till your retinas detach."
#12J_aaronPosted 8/24/2014 8:22:14 PM
dillpickle69 posted...
Everyone's gonna say to skip 2 to emphasize how bad it is but honestly, since you said you don't really find games bad you might as well give it a shot. Plus looking at it optimistically, there's either a chance you'll like it, or even if you don't, you'll appreciate 3 all the more.

How could anyone like DMC2? If they do they obviously have no taste and I would they wouldn't admit to liking it. DMC2 is the red-headed step-child of the DMC series and DmC is the inbred cousin nobody wanted.
---
Currently LPing: The entire Kingdom Hearts series. Starting with Kingdom Hearts Final Mix HD.
Look for GrandMasterArcturus on Hitbox.tv, Twitter and Youtube.
#13conpfreakPosted 8/24/2014 8:30:07 PM
What is the hate of DmC about? The game is really good and stand on its own with the other games in the series. I understand the story and character reboot may not appeal to long time fans, but other than that it's great. The framerate isn't 60fps, but it keeps up most of the time too.
---
end of line.
#14dillpickle69Posted 8/24/2014 8:44:15 PM
J_aaron posted...
dillpickle69 posted...

How could anyone like DMC2? If they do they obviously have no taste and I would they wouldn't admit to liking it. DMC2 is the red-headed step-child of the DMC series and DmC is the inbred cousin nobody wanted.

You never know. I didn't completely dislike DMC2, even though I agree it was without a doubt the weakest in the series.
---
"They don't love you, they won't pet sit your cats. As a matter of fact for fifty cents they'll beat you with a pool stick till your retinas detach."
#15BillysanPosted 8/24/2014 8:51:58 PM(edited)
conpfreak posted...
What is the hate of DmC about? The game is really good and stand on its own with the other games in the series. I understand the story and character reboot may not appeal to long time fans, but other than that it's great. The framerate isn't 60fps, but it keeps up most of the time too.

The gameplay, specifically the combat doesn't compare with DMC1, DMC3 and 4 at all, especially the latter two.

It's slow, choppy, lacks lock-on, features bloated/poorly mapped controls, color coded enemies, and some of the worst bosses ever, I mean I could go on. It's really easy to see why the combat wouldn't appeal to most DMC fans.

It's worth one playthrough at least.
---
http://billysan291.deviantart.com/
PSN: Billysan291 3DS FC:4914-2847-6766
#16J_aaronPosted 8/24/2014 8:51:47 PM
Billysan posted...
conpfreak posted...

The gameplay, specifically the combat doesn't compare with DMC1, DMC3 and 4 at all, especially the latter two.

It's slow, choppy, lacks lock-on, features bloated controls, color coded enemies, and some of the worst bosses ever, I mean I could go on. It's really easy to see why the combat wouldn't appeal to most DMC fans.

Not even worth one in my opinion.
---
Currently LPing: The entire Kingdom Hearts series. Starting with Kingdom Hearts Final Mix HD.
Look for GrandMasterArcturus on Hitbox.tv, Twitter and Youtube.
#17BillysanPosted 8/24/2014 8:54:58 PM(edited)
J_aaron posted...
Billysan posted...
conpfreak posted...

It's slow, choppy, lacks lock-on, features bloated controls, color coded enemies, and some of the worst bosses ever, I mean I could go on. It's really easy to see why the combat wouldn't appeal to most DMC fans.

Not even worth one in my opinion.

I was being pretty generous...

It's easy enough to run through and the pacing isn't too bad. But yeah the story is pretty weak so I don't even know why you would invest time in the narrative.
---
#18YoshioKSTPosted 8/24/2014 9:09:44 PM
There are some things DmC does well but DMC3 and DMC4 do almost everything plain better.

So yeah TC, skip 2. Different team, was a different game until Capcom decided it needed a quick buck. There's not something worth calling 'story', it's just a couple (bad) ideas turned into cutscenes with the least satisfying combat possible inbetween.
---
We await together, prayers sleeping though time;
Crystals witnessing forever, Etro's eternal paradigm.
#19BillysanPosted 8/24/2014 9:13:55 PM
YoshioKST posted...
Different team, was a different game until Capcom decided it needed a quick buck.

It was the same team that did the awesome DMC3, but yeah Capcom sabotaged the project to begin with.
---
#20sonicteam2k1Posted 8/25/2014 2:50:53 AM
conpfreak posted...

the PC version runs at 60. makes the game much better.

People hate it for no good reason at all. they're just entitled fanboys. gamers are the worst fans and customers in the entire world. I'm glad I don't make games, I would probably kill myself trying to please the group of stuck up tools.
---
See The Game Collection
http://people.ign.com/nights_team2k7/games