This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Superslim overheating?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Superslim overheating?
1 year ago#11
I've had this a couple times after only being on like 30-60 mins. It could be something with the fans being blocked or dusty inside. I vacuumed mine over the vents and now have it in a open space. I also have it standing up vertically. Seems to keep the temp down for longer. Never had the message since (over a year now).
---
PSN ID: TurnipGuy
1 year ago#12
But the unit isn't actually hot. It;s saying it is, and shutting itself off, but the fan is quiet and blows out cold air.
---
Magnificent Seven had the greatest soundtrack ever. FACT.
PSN/Steam: Joshelplex
1 year ago#13
somethings wrong with it.

newest 80gb fats(without the ee chip) and original slims are the best probably, try to get one of those.
---
Metal Bands -- Remaining Chaos, Ghoulchapel, Walking Across Jupiter, Widek, Deals Death, Mors Principium Est, Cantabile Wind, Godsire, Allegaeon.
1 year ago#14
Mine doesn't shut off. But it sounds like a 747 when I play games like Red Dead or GTA 5. But for some games it runs super quiet. Idk. .
---
Trifold the Trifecta
Owning isnt everything, its the only thing ~Anonymous
1 year ago#15
I can tell you its the HDD not the system.

You have to use Format Utility in system settings before it becomes fully corrupt an that will sto PS3 from powering on completely.
---
---
Currently Playing Borderlands 2, Resident Evil 2-6 including chronicles, msg if you want help with each game.
1 year ago#16
The HDD has nothing to do with the temperature sensor, that's not how the units are built.
---
Magnificent Seven had the greatest soundtrack ever. FACT.
PSN/Steam: Joshelplex
1 year ago#17
I haven't had any problems with mine. I clean my system regularly and I keep it in an open area so it won't overheat.
---
PSN: NaturaiBorn
FC: 2063-0294-5253
1 year ago#18
youngskillz posted...
somethings wrong with it.

newest 80gb fats(without the ee chip) and original slims are the best probably, try to get one of those.

You can also use the 160gb fat one. I currently have both the 80 and 160 and they are very quiet. For some reason the 80gb is silent no matter what.

Is there something with this?
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Superslim overheating?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived