This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What vidya game was so disturbing that you had to quit playing it out of horror?

#1RollingCradlePosted 8/25/2014 8:25:57 AM(edited)
80/80.

Anna.

Five Nights at Freddy's

DreadOut (boss)

Ok, so I wettted my pants, but I'm man enough to admit it!
#2falloutbeast101Posted 8/25/2014 8:27:19 AM
DmC.
---
http://i.imgur.com/t4p7mAV.jpg
#3SUIT_UPPosted 8/25/2014 8:30:42 AM
Final Fantasy XIII
DmC (and anything by Ninja Theory)
CoD series
#4AlexTheNextOnePosted 8/25/2014 8:35:14 AM
Five Nights At Freddy's is not scary, or disturbing.

Don't get me wrong, I like it, I think the tension and atmosphere build-up is great, I'm just a bit disappointed that in the end it has to default to your typical jump scare.
#5brolynickPosted 8/25/2014 8:40:10 AM
Why is Five Nights at Freddy's all the rage right now? It genuinely looks like a bad game with zero scare factor whatsoever.
---
Nothing isn't better or worse than anything. Nothing is just... nothing.
#6AlexTheNextOnePosted 8/25/2014 8:43:55 AM
brolynick posted...
Why is Five Nights at Freddy's all the rage right now? It genuinely looks like a bad game with zero scare factor whatsoever.

If tired, formulaic jump scares don't phase you, and really, if you're a mature person of even moderate intelligence, then no, it won't scare you at all.
#7DarkSymbiotePosted 8/25/2014 8:44:55 AM
brolynick posted...

I watched a review on it and was genuinely scared.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9f49l_XcIzg

I was scared of Silent Hill the first times I played it so I returned it. I didn't even make it to the part where he get's ambushed in the alley in the beginning.
---
To get rid of that nasty new sidebar on the message boards go to Account Settings -> Advanced Options -> Message Board Settings -> Topic List Sidebar.
#8GiappasBenzPosted 8/25/2014 9:01:26 AM
DooM for PSX when i was younger. Couldn't see the Lost Souls.
#9brolynickPosted 8/25/2014 9:04:59 AM
DarkSymbiote posted...
brolynick posted...

I was scared of Silent Hill the first times I played it so I returned it. I didn't even make it to the part where he get's ambushed in the alley in the beginning.

Point me to the part of that video where I'm supposed to be scared >_>

The gameplay looks like something that'll get boring within 5 minutes. The robot animal things that are supposed to scare you just look funny and not scary at all. The jumpscares are poorly done.

Remember when Slender was all the rage? I could at least get why people were scared of that since the audio was great and you felt like you were being chased at all times. This is just poop.
---
Nothing isn't better or worse than anything. Nothing is just... nothing.
#10AlexTheNextOnePosted 8/25/2014 9:06:53 AM
brolynick posted...
DarkSymbiote posted...
brolynick posted...

Point me to the part of that video where I'm supposed to be scared >_>

The gameplay looks like something that'll get boring within 5 minutes. The robot animal things that are supposed to scare you just look funny and not scary at all. The jumpscares are poorly done.

Remember when Slender was all the rage? I could at least get why people were scared of that since the audio was great and you felt like you were being chased at all times. This is just poop.

Slender wasn't scary, either.

To each their own, I guess.