This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What vidya game was so disturbing that you had to quit playing it out of horror?

#11brolynickPosted 8/25/2014 8:08:19 AM
AlexTheNextOne posted...
brolynick posted...
DarkSymbiote posted...
brolynick posted...
Why is Five Nights at Freddy's all the rage right now? It genuinely looks like a bad game with zero scare factor whatsoever.

I watched a review on it and was genuinely scared.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9f49l_XcIzg

I was scared of Silent Hill the first times I played it so I returned it. I didn't even make it to the part where he get's ambushed in the alley in the beginning.

Point me to the part of that video where I'm supposed to be scared >_>

The gameplay looks like something that'll get boring within 5 minutes. The robot animal things that are supposed to scare you just look funny and not scary at all. The jumpscares are poorly done.

Remember when Slender was all the rage? I could at least get why people were scared of that since the audio was great and you felt like you were being chased at all times. This is just poop.

Slender wasn't scary, either.

To each their own, I guess.

I agree it wasn't, but I could see why others would find it scary. With this Freddy's game I just can't fathom it at all.
---
Nothing isn't better or worse than anything. Nothing is just... nothing.
#12RollingCradle(Topic Creator)Posted 8/25/2014 8:08:38 AM
It's a scientific fact that every human being finds the absolute exact same things to be scary!!!

What the hell is wrong with you!?!?!
#13JOKR_bAd_habitzPosted 8/25/2014 8:09:56 AM
Resident Evil (I'm pretty sure) for the N64 back when I was a little kid. My brothers used to play it, and it would terrify me when I'd watch. And the box had a bunch of zombies, and it used to freak me out when I saw it. So I hid it under a chair cushion for like 3 years.

But the only game that's scared me so much I had to quit as an adult was Dead Space. I'm not good with the horror genre in general, horror movies always scare the s*** out of me unless they're really bad, and I've never had the desire to play a game that scares me. But a friend lent me Dead Space, so I decided to just try it. At one point, a baby with tentacles growing out of it's back came barreling through a window, and my heart stopped for like 8 seconds. And then I was in some zero gravity chamber with demon aliens flying at me, which wasn't scary, just annoying.

But then I got to some part with a bunch of dark hallways, and I kept hearing freaky noises, and at one point I was just like "Nope, not doing this anymore." Yeah, I'm a puss, but oh well.
---
"THAT is fear, that is what I am..." - Batman
#14brolynickPosted 8/25/2014 8:12:13 AM
RollingCradle posted...
It's a scientific fact that every human being finds the absolute exact same things to be scary!!!

What the hell is wrong with you!?!?!

There's people out there who find cute little puppy dogs scary. It's just odd, how can you something like that scary?

Freddy's is the same except replace cute little puppy dog with bad looking game.
---
Nothing isn't better or worse than anything. Nothing is just... nothing.
#15PsychoWolfXPosted 8/25/2014 8:12:17 AM
Tomb Raider
The wolves in this game scared me to death. The way they'd just jump at you out of nowhere making that horrifying "RAWR" noise.

F.E.A.R
I was talking to a friend on the phone while playing this. I turned around to climb down a ladder and there is Alma (little ghost girl who instakills anyone near her) standing right behind her. For the next few seconds my poor friend was deafened by automatic weapon fire and profanities.
---
3DS FC: 2879-0740-0938
- From the desk of Admiral PsychowolfX
#16RollingCradle(Topic Creator)Posted 8/25/2014 8:14:20 AM(edited)
^I understand completely, I'm currently in the middle of Dead Space 2, and only a little ppast the start in Dead Space 1!!!

Them's some creepy titles right there!

EDIT: Yeah the wolfs in Tomb Raider 2013 scared the crap outta me too! Good thing they are only at the start of the game pretty much!
#17Axess68Posted 8/25/2014 8:17:49 AM
No game ever scared me so much that I had to playing it - much less return it.

To this day, the only two games to ever make me jump out of my seat were:

Resident Evil - the dogs through the window

Condemned: Criminal Origins - when a crazed bum with a shovel ran out from between two shelves

Both of those were, of course, jump scares. I've never been so frightened that I had to turn off any game. Dating a GF (back when I was a teen) who was a horror movie addict cured me of being disturbed by horror movies. ;-)

The Hellraiser movies cured me of any kind of timidness. "Jesus wept."
---
Axess2084 on PSN and Xbox Live. Gaming for almost 40 years now.
#18AlexTheNextOnePosted 8/25/2014 8:21:05 AM
Opening the door, on your first playthrough, to The Butcher on Level 2 of Diablo.

There.

/topic
#19MynachranPosted 8/25/2014 8:58:29 AM
I havent been so scared I stopped playying but the ones that almost made me were:

- The fish from Spyro 2 and 3.

- Regenerators from RE4.

- Slenderman (when played at night)

- Most of Resident Evil 0.
#20servb0tsPosted 8/25/2014 9:00:47 AM
Minecraft demo.
---
PSN Qornut. Own Nintendo & Sony systems.
A Real Ass Gamer would want more Games, not Less, Regardless of the Genre or Console System!