This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

is there any jrpg you regretted buying

#1gamerofthenightPosted 8/30/2014 2:53:31 PM
are there any jrpgs you ever regretted buying heres my list

hyperdemension neptunia
ff13
ni no kuni(not neserserrely bad but not worth what i paid for it)
contact(a really lame ds rpg)
lunar dragon song
digimon world 3

that my list whats yours?
#2LordkeybladePosted 8/30/2014 3:04:12 PM
I want to play ff13 but I always play something else after 2 days. But if I had to ig it would be it.
---
Offical Dark Heide Knight Sword Of Gamefaqs.
Official Chaos Rapier of Dks1 Boards. Official Scraps Of Life Of Dks2 Boards.
#3randomoafPosted 8/30/2014 3:20:58 PM
Final Fantasy XIII. I imported this game on launch and paid 120 bucks for it. Had to sit through 30-35hrs before I got to the real meat of the game (and that part was fun). Did all the content and finally beat the game. Very disappointed in the ending. I've seen a lot of crazy stuff in anime and that ending was too super fantastical for me. No other FF endings were as super fantastical as that one was.
#4tiornysPosted 8/30/2014 3:46:24 PM
Star Ocean: the End of Time. Just not my style of RPG, and it should have been obvious before I made the purchase.
---
http://etrosgate.com/
#5gamerofthenight(Topic Creator)Posted 8/30/2014 3:46:42 PM
randomoaf posted...
Final Fantasy XIII. I imported this game on launch and paid 120 bucks for it. Had to sit through 30-35hrs before I got to the real meat of the game (and that part was fun). Did all the content and finally beat the game. Very disappointed in the ending. I've seen a lot of crazy stuff in anime and that ending was too super fantastical for me. No other FF endings were as super fantastical as that one was.

yeah endings can realy ruin a game sometimes
#6kaminarikidPosted 8/30/2014 4:12:55 PM
gamerofthenight posted...

I'm glad I only paid fifteen bucks for it.
---
Just because a game gets Best Wii Game Of The Year, doesn't make it good.
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/Kaminari_Kid.png
#7LightningRudHanPosted 8/30/2014 4:16:20 PM
Star Ocean 4. I almost hope not to see another Star Ocean, just because 4 was like somebody lit a children's hospital on fire.
#8EmeraldroxPosted 8/30/2014 4:24:54 PM
Ni No Kuni (I liked it, but I stopped playing it because I got stuck on a boss and never felt the need to pick it back up)
SMT: Soul Hackers (Got it on my 3DS and never was able to get into it due to the 1st person perspective. It's a shame, because I love the story in Atlus games, but a lot of them, especially SMT, are in first person)
Final Fantasy 13 (Got it on the xbox ages ago and got really bored with it half way through disk 2.)
---
White 2 - 1335-5542-8288 White - 0347-5170-7984
3DS: 4854-6563-5216
#9randomoafPosted 8/30/2014 4:34:40 PM(edited)
kaminarikid posted...
gamerofthenight posted...

I'm glad I only paid fifteen bucks for it.

I paid a little more at 18 due to a Walmart sale but it was worth every penny. I get that it's not worth 60 (heck I hated on the game until it was so cheap).

LightningRudHan posted...
Star Ocean 4. I almost hope not to see another Star Ocean, just because 4 was like somebody lit a children's hospital on fire.

The criticism I've seen for SO4 is too harsh and it's more than it deserves. Despite the story and character shortcomings, SO4 is a finely made game.

-Open field maps
-role playing
-roles in combat (tank, healer, dps, ranged)
-custom character building (skills)
-item crafting (can also create items with affixes)
-endless dungeon

Sometimes I wonder why they even make good games anymore. There's no point cause people only play for story and characters. Might as well go read a book or watch a movie.
#10Aya BreaPosted 8/30/2014 4:37:04 PM
Problem for SO4 is SO3. SO4's combay took several steps back and not as deep as SO3. It's just not as fun.
---
Pokemon Y 0619 4338 9000 IGN Henri Miidonna Growlithe Ninetales Larvesta
My RPG blog http://bttgrind.blogspot.com.au