Gold Mecha Robo Question

#1DoorgoPosted 1/31/2009 11:16:45 PM
I've read some conflicting things on some of the older locked Topics about Gold Mecha Robo. So I guess what I'm asking is, is it actually possible to steal from him and flee then come back and do it again or not, to get the Golden Eternal Engine multiple times? I've read you can and that you can't, so...

---
Bender: You know, I was God once.
God: I saw. You were doing very well, until everyone died.
#2thermopylae117Posted 2/1/2009 3:16:55 PM
it absolutely possible, u can do it until everyone is maxed 999 agility w/o ninja swiftness!

just steal, flee, warp out, warp back, fight, steal, flee, repeat
---
signature your as this put backwards this read to enough dumb were you if
#3Doorgo(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2009 8:29:47 PM
Alllllrighty then. Thanks.

---
#4oz2555Posted 2/3/2009 5:34:41 PM
That sounds like an awful lot of work just to max out Agility. o_o
---
GT: Oz2555
#5Doorgo(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2009 8:27:43 PM
I figure I'll just do one person, not the whole party. That way hopefully I'll get better results when trying to steal the items I need from bosses later, also I should get several chances to attack in regular situations before enemies or even the rest of the party. You'll wind up getting out of most normal combat situations with one or two attacks from that character right up front, and that should help with trying to grind to 99th level for everyone later in the game, instead of having longer drawn out combat.

At least that's what I'm hoping, this is all still speculation for me at this point.

But, I've found that a much higher agility dramatically increases the success of a characters Steal & Loot skills(and I think Treasure Hunt too).

---
#6EduaPosted 2/3/2009 11:39:21 PM
You don't really need maxed out Agility. Around 250-ish is all you need to be faster than any bosses on normal mode (haven't tried Hard or Impossible yet). Also, you don't need to warp out- warping back to the Warp in the factory will cause the Gold Mecha Robo to carry a Golden Eternal Engine again- even if all the enemies you killed other than it in the area don't respawn (which may be a plus or a hinderance). However, you are near an exit (to Underground River) anyway if you warp there.

---
~ Edua
#7Doorgo(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2009 9:00:10 PM
Thanks for the warp tip, I didn't know that.

I've got Maru's Agility up to 239 right now I think. I'm mainly interested to see if I get it higher if it will help out the success of a Treasure Hunt attempt on the bosses with unique items, as I keep reading people saying how many times they had to keep warping out and retrying when they didn't get the item they wanted. I'd rather spend time getting the Agility up in advance on one boss if it'll save the headache dealing with several bosses later, assuming it helps with Treasure Hunt at all. Either way I think it'll be interesting to experiment with.

---
#8EduaPosted 2/16/2009 2:51:37 AM
A higher agility on a character with Treasure Hunt doesn't seem to guarantee you will always obtain the more valuable drops as far as I've seen... I fought Ultimate Szabo several times before I filled my item record. But it's an interesting thought- go for it!

Artificially extending playtime is always good in moderation.

---
~ Edua