Problem with online connection

#1JabaggPosted 6/22/2008 2:26:56 PM
I'm having a problem with connecting to the server, it always gives me the message "Unable to establish connection to the patch server(s)". I'd like to play online with my friend, but because of this I can't play with him. Additionally, I can't patch even though I patched before this month. Is there some solution or am I stuck this way?

---
Words, they do not say anything as they can not speak; so remember next time "Oh, what does it say" I'll say "you have to read them *******"
#2therewesmolderPosted 6/23/2008 11:17:21 PM
Check firewall/router settings, make sure your ports are open, and if that doesn't help, look for an FTP hosted patch.
---
Wanna' rawk? Xmolder on XBL.
Expert guitar, hard drums (as of April 15th, 2008!).
#3Jabagg(Topic Creator)Posted 6/24/2008 12:08:13 PM
Unless there was a new patch that came out this month, then I'm sure I already have all the patches. I just don't understand what is happening; it was fine earlier this month when I downloaded those patches, but now I can't do anything online.

---
Words, they do not say anything as they can not speak; so remember next time "Oh, what does it say" I'll say "you have to read them *******"
#4betterthanormalPosted 6/24/2008 12:27:26 PM
i hate to break it to you m8 but i believe bhg (bighugegames) fianally shut off their servers NOBODY could go online anymore (through gamespy, lan still works).
---
''If you want to be a hero you have to have dreams...and honor''
#5rustcoat1973Posted 7/9/2008 2:10:00 PM

My friends and I just bought the game (3 copies total) and have the same patch server connection problem. Are you serious that you can't actually play it online anymore? We're not interested in the campaign and only got it for the multiplayer, so if that's the case, what a waste of money. Stupid Microsoft! Is there a way to connect with a direct IP address?

#6Jabagg(Topic Creator)Posted 7/10/2008 3:49:22 PM
I have never used this before, but there is this program called Hamachi that is similar to LAN but can do it over long distances like playing online.

Link for Hamachi:

https://secure.logmein.com/products/hamachi/vpn.asp?lang=en

---