This game is amazing.

#1Halak41Posted 10/1/2010 6:58:25 PM

First off, this is the first PC multiplayer game I've played in a long, long time. I just downloaded it from Steam today actually, and am loving it.

What I don't understand though, is how many people say that this game is not good. I mean, I'm very picky about what I play, and won't make a purchase without really looking into the game in question, but I have to say, I don't see many flaws in UT3, if any at all. I mean, the multiplayer is fast paced and exciting, there are a variety of weapons and tactics to use, and the maps are original, not to mention that this game is also amazing form a technical standpoint (great optimization, graphics).

Also, I've heard/read people saying that this game's online is dead, which surprises me, because I've been playing for the last three or four hours with no issues. If someone would be kind enough to fill me in on why this game got so much negative feedback (despite the good reviews) or why it "tanked", it would be appreciated.

#2JavelinPosted 10/12/2010 1:46:06 AM
Many PC gamers didn't like this game because it's a step back from Unreal Tournament 2004. The smaller maps feel cramped to UT veterans, and the much-beloved Assault and Onslaught modes were removed. Generally, everything was simplified for the sake of the console version, including the loss of the extensive, detailed menu interface that was one of the things that elevated the Unreal series above its main competitor, Quake.

I haven't checked lately, but I'd bet there are still more people playing UT2K4 than this.

---
It's never just a game when you're winning.
#3PojkaPosted 11/11/2010 5:56:48 AM
I am ordering this game today ^^, already have it on ps3 though. This is the best multiplayer shooter I have ever played. So the ps3 just doesnŽt cut it for me! Hope to see some of you guys in there IŽll be " Bloodling " the one shooting rockets at you ^^.

---
In my hand every pen is a weapon.
#4Matty_G33Posted 11/11/2010 4:39:48 PM
and the much-beloved Assault and Onslaught modes were removed.

Isn't Warfare pretty much the same thing as Onslaught?

Although I do actually wanted something like Bombing Run and a Species Statistics mutator
---
I'm not a stripper, but I get paid for it anyway. ~ TPangolin, BFHeroes Player