Game-breaking bug in "All the King's Men" mission

#1Martin PaganPosted 4/21/2012 11:21:05 AM
So I hit a wall. I have played through the mission multiple times with the game installed and uninstalled but I cannot complete it. Even if I do manage to get successfully through the Stefan section and the police chase, my game will get stuck on an endless loading screen after the elevator cutscene. Is there any known workaround for it?
---
Lengyel, magyar ket jo barat, egyutt harcol, s issza borat. -- Hungarians FTW!
XBL/PSN gamertag: Poganin
#2Onyx_HazePosted 4/21/2012 7:11:40 PM
Sorry you're stuck there. I just did that mission and didn't have that issue. My glitch was the car disappearing and my guy being stuck in the "drivers seat" but not able to move or be damaged.

Good luck, there's a lot of bugs in this game. Having fun though.
---
Dragonne-"Girls come and go, but epics are soulbound."
#3nintendanPosted 4/21/2012 10:09:56 PM
ONYX - I'm with you on that. The glitch that prevented me playing on with my file was the same one u had... on Mission #2 when u had to dirve to the forgive & forget. It wouldnt work... from either the disc OR installed to the HD.

So I bought a brand new copy... installed it FRESH on my brand new Xbox 360 320GB slim (gear of war 3 limited edition model)... still the same problem. Remember.. since it was brand new data being created... on a brand new system... theres NO WAY it could glitch in the EXACT SAME MISSION AT THE EXACT SAME SPOT, right?

Then it came to me. All the statistical data was still preserved (Im guessing linked to my Gamertag), but obviously mission data and progress was obviously gone.

The glitch is coming from somewhere in the data, making my game glitch up. The only workaround is to create a brand new gamertag and have all the stats at ZERO.

Could this be the first known glitch (that its linked to the Gamertag) in the Xbox Live community? Could be.
#4Martin Pagan(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2012 1:00:37 PM
No known solution to the endless loading screen bug then, I take it? :(
---
#5Onyx_HazePosted 4/23/2012 5:25:18 AM
Have you tried installing? That's really the only work around i've read about. Patience might work a little, I kept getting stuck right when you have to get out of the truck, the mission wouldn't update itself.

A few tries and it went.
---
Dragonne-"Girls come and go, but epics are soulbound."
#6Martin Pagan(Topic Creator)Posted 4/23/2012 6:34:35 AM
Like I said in the first post, I tried this section both with the game installed on HDD and uninstalled. I will try installing it on a flash memory to see if that does anything.

And the part with getting out of the car is not a glitch. You just have to park the car on the blue mission marker next to the entrance. If you drive off it the game seems to revert to the previous state and the doors to the building will close.

This wouldn't be such a pain if the police during the Stefan section weren't so damn rabid and suicidal! By the time I get the code from Stefan the car is so shot that it gets destroyed before I can reach the target area.

Oh how I long for a sandbox game in which the NPC and police cars are subject to the same rules as the player car. As such, it seems that in this game all cars but yours are made of concrete, have perfect handling and insane acceleration, and can also spawn out of thin air. But that's just a side note.
---
#7Martin Pagan(Topic Creator)Posted 4/23/2012 10:45:31 AM
Alright, installing the game to a flash drive helped the problem. I could complete the mission and thus finish the Vice Kings storyline :)
---