Tekken 6, Online.

#1Cakey_EmbracePosted 9/10/2011 3:07:07 PM
Is just unbelievable. i hate to be the complainer here but When it comes to ranking the community is beyond ridiculous.

I dont really understand how the ranking system or even how the matchmaking works. why would they make a Warrior play a Beginner and why are ppl so bad at this game?

Earlier i fought a conquer ganryu with my xiaoyu and beat him the first 2 rounds, he quits. i face him again the following 2 times and he quits whenever he losses a round.
Honestly? im only a warror rank (beserker now ;_;) and you wanna quit against me?

Im not sure if im suppose to take him quitting as a sign of me being good or just him not wanting to increase his chances of a demotion risk. either way its quite saddening.

Also ppl are such sore losers.everytime i feel that i had a good fight with someone i msg them good game, but do i get a GG back? No. i get "f*ck you lagger" or "you got lucky" or "stfu spamming scrub" i can contiune for hours.

And what takes the cake is how desperate some of these players get. the momment they see that their losing they resort to unsafe low sweeps,grab wars, and cheesing just about any move they can dish out omg.

All for a little picture by the side of their name. wow i hope in the future tekken games they can fix server stability,matchmaking system, and really give or penalty worth not quitting for.
#2Azuma_NarooNPosted 9/11/2011 12:47:55 PM
Welcome to Fighting Game X online lol. It's like that in all games, really. I'll play Quake 3 and annihilate someone in a 1v1 and they'll get butthurt, trying to use false credentials as a means to intimidate you or something.

But yeah, the matchmaking, netcode, and overall setup for T6O is pretty friggin' abysmal. I don't know how the matchmaking works to this very day. Most people are terrible because they never learned how to play properly, and think spamming "cheap" moves will get them somewhere. Just own them and move on.
---
http://www.ikd-sj.com | All is the opus of ikd-sj
http://www.thecreatorof.net | Nothing ahead on this way
#3dez15manPosted 9/11/2011 2:49:06 PM
That's why I like Player match a lot more.
---
XBL - l Morton l PSN - Impervious_DM
#4Sunshine6189Posted 9/11/2011 5:46:03 PM

Player Match is where most of the good players play.

Rank match is where most of the retards play.

Seriously, I've played both Player and Rank matches equally and this is what I got out of it. I literally went 40 - 0 in Rank matches one day with Devil Jin. I mention Devil Jin, because he's a Mishima and online is a piece of **** when it comes to frame to frame excution. I stopped at 40 because I got tired of playing. I'm a Champion with Devil Jin, and I don't even feel like going any higher because of how scubby Rank match players are. I also feel like I don't deserve it due to lack of skill in Rank matches.

As for hate messages, I take them as my prize for winning and entertainment. I hated getting these types of messages at first, but now I love it when I get them. Especially from high Ranked players. It's always entertaining to see how much pride these guys have.

#5gamestop27Posted 9/11/2011 6:46:59 PM
Minus the ranking stuff, this is what I've experienced in player matches as well, which is one of the reasons I stopped playing online.
---
Hi, Im pro-life. I enjoy ham sandwhiches, support the death penalty, and throw molotov cocktails at abortion clinics.
#6General_DongPosted 9/11/2011 7:07:48 PM
I spend hours in practice mode learning my character. I practice juggles and various combos, throw countering and defense against common moves. I also spend time researching the game online through various videos and forums. I often watch my own replays to see what I've done wrong and I'll download other people's replays to see how they play my character.

I struggle at 40-45% win/loss ratio on my main character which I've been playing for months. I've gotten to "Mentor" rank once and it never happened again. I started learning a new character and I was lucky to get to a 40% win/loss ratio.

I don't understand how you guys claim to crush everyone online.
---
"I am pretty sure I do not want to see a 70-something year old guy naked, offered by a person named 'General Dong' "-TheGreatFiGHtME
#7frozen37flamePosted 9/11/2011 8:03:53 PM
This may sound racist our something but from what I've seen online there are more decent players in Asia compared to other regions. I mean I tried fighting with people from America and 7 out of 10 were scrubs or beginners but when I switched areas to Asia 9 out of 10 were very good and 3 of those were tournament level. Also I get fewer hatemail when I'm fighting in Asia compared to other regions.
---
"Learn the basics to be a master."
Won my first tournament. I'm so happy. Nothing can bring me down =D
#8Sunshine6189Posted 9/12/2011 12:01:08 AM

How are you playing against people in Asia? That's not fair. I've never had a chance to play against someone who was out of the United States. Well, ok. I played against someone from London once, but that's really about it. Where do you live? If you live in the US, then you gotta let me in on the secret to playing people from Asia.

To the guy saying that he struggles with the win/loss ratio:

Playing for a few months isn't going to help you win more, even if you do look at forums, practice for hours, etc. Experience counts for way more than just knowledge.

To be fair, a lot of us have actually played Tekken games for years. I started in Tekken 3, but never really understood it until Tekken 5. So you can say that I actually started on Tekken 5. That's roughly about 6 years for me.

#9frozen37flamePosted 9/12/2011 12:31:26 AM
Sunshine6189 posted...
How are you playing against people in Asia? That's not fair. I've never had a chance to play against someone who was out of the United States. Well, ok. I played against someone from London once, but that's really about it. Where do you live?

I'm living in Hong Kong for now. I was only able to play (minimum lag) against people from America when I went there to visit some relatives but sometimes I'm able to fight people from America here in HK but the lag is brutal.
---
"Learn the basics to be a master."
Won my first tournament. I'm so happy. Nothing can bring me down =D
#10joedanshingoPosted 9/12/2011 2:27:31 AM
I live in Europe, but I have no problem to rank up to red rank(Champion).

Mostly I get players who are close to my rank.

Blue rank(Fujin) and Above is a different story, unless you cheat or boost. :D
---
\_O__/