Infinite Mode Question

#1Weems2kPosted 3/26/2011 7:20:53 AM
I have some free time, so I'd thought I try the 7 Day Survivor Achievement. One thing I was wondering is if I can store a bunch of food in a safe place ( such as the room to meet Isabella, or a restroom), leave to go hunt some survivors/psyco's, etc, and then come back to the same place to store more food? Or will anything I leave the first time disappear when I come back?
---
Darren Socks!!!
#2SinisterSynPosted 3/26/2011 10:19:23 AM
Once you leave the area, everything will reset. So anything you actually pick up and drop down will be gone. Just leave the food alone unless you have the inventory space or are going to eat it right there. IIRC, when it comes to killing survivors, as long as you don't have the box open up, everything will stay there. If the box pops open and the contents spill out, then they would disappear if you were to load another screen.

In most areas though there are safe areas that you can wait it out in, so no need to go back to the Security Room every time you want to let the time go by and consume your stocked food. For example, the high level of the warehouse is 100% safe from zombies. Pretty much any high enough platforms/roofing where they can't reach you like bookcases, picnic roof outside, blue scaffolding in Paradise Plaza, toy buildings in middle of Wonderland Plaza, all safe. And you can use rooms that have closing doors like the Antique Store in Entrance Plaza, just make sure all of the glass is intact.
#3darkhishamPosted 3/26/2011 6:47:57 PM
What I recommend is to NOT grab any of the mall's food, live by psychopath food only, when there are no more psychopats then you start eating mall food.
---
GT: NightmareHisham
#4Weems2k(Topic Creator)Posted 3/27/2011 9:20:19 AM
Yeah. Finished the 7 Day Survivor last night. Thank god for March Madness to pass the time. I mostly lived off the Psycho/Survivor until about day 6 where I had plenty of OJ's, and Wine left in the Food Court, and Alfresca. I can confirm though that even if you leave a Psycho box unopened, and go to another area only to return, that it will completely disappear when you get back.

One tip I didn't see in any of the FAQ's was that if you combine a couple 1 Block foods into a blender, the Juice Mixture will be a full heal with all 3 books. So instead of eating 2 pies for only 6 Blocks of health, it'll be a full heal when combined.

On a side note, is 17 Days the max for Infinite mode? I checked the leader boards, and it seemed like the top people were maxed at 17 Days, 7 Hrs.
---
Darren Socks!!!
#5SinisterSynPosted 3/27/2011 4:38:42 PM
I didn't think you could use any blenders on Infinity Mode....

But if you can, then I'm also quite surprised that it wouldn't be featured in any of them. :T
#6JohnnyJerkweedPosted 3/27/2011 5:45:27 PM
Its possible to get a higher time. You can gain an extra 2 minutes if a randomizer comes up as and energizer effect and there's two randomizers in inf mode. Also, you lose a tiny bit of time everytime you eat a full heal after day 7 depending on how close to death you eat. With perfect eating times it would be possible to get higher than 17 days 7 hours.

Also, blenders are disabled in inf mode.
---
http://www.stickam.com/johnnyjwerkweed