Rare innocents and living world money bags?

#1alkobobPosted 1/10/2008 11:20:01 AM
In the suspected crimes section of Tom's report in hte pause menu, there's stats for how many rare innocents murdered and living world money bags.
I havn't come across either, so where abouts are they? :S
---
"The English don't have accents - this is just how things sound when pronounced properly." - trentonchase.
#2CardigansFanPosted 1/10/2008 1:52:57 PM
The money bags are like the money bags in mission, except in secret places. There's one in the private vault you get after you get the key from the favor.

As for rare innocents, not sure. Contract kills (haven't checked)?
---
GT: magus57
Currently Playing: Quake 4
#3MycheleXoXoPosted 1/13/2008 1:10:13 AM

alkobob posted...
In the suspected crimes section of Tom's report in hte pause menu, there's stats for how many rare innocents murdered and living world money bags.
I havn't come across either, so where abouts are they? :S
---
"The English don't have accents - this is just how things sound when pronounced properly." - trentonchase.

No offense :) But the "living world money bags" are NOT the mission money bags...I unfortunately have not figured this one out yet!! (played through game 3 times and am on 4th)

The "rare innocents" I do know...they are the "thugs" on the street you see beating people up randomly...They are easily recognizable...first, you may see them running for no apparent reason until they attack (generally women)....second you'll see them attacking people...and most importantly-as you are walking down the street, you'll note that the people you walk by generally have green circles around their feet...unbribed cops have yellow...if you walk by a "citizen" and his circle is yellow? Kill him for instant cash (btwn $1500 and $1900 generally). Try it...check your rare innocent stat-kill one-then check it again :) You now have increased the number of rare innocents! It's a great way to get cash early on when your still a baby member of the family and broke! :)

If anyone does know what the living world money bags are, please let me know! If i figure it out, I'll do the same.

Good Luck!

MycheleXoXo

#4MycheleXoXoPosted 1/13/2008 1:14:28 AM

Magus77 posted...
The money bags are like the money bags in mission, except in secret places. There's one in the private vault you get after you get the key from the favor.

As for rare innocents, not sure. Contract kills (haven't checked)?

GT: magus57
Currently Playing: Quake 4

Sorry magus57! I don't think the living world money bags are the hidden mission bags or any bag in the bank-I've played through the game 3 times and am on my fourth-have found every hidden mission bag plus the hidden bank bag w/the key recovered from the merchant favor...my stats still say 0 under the Living World Money Bags...:( My husband found one once but has no idea when/where/how/why ;)

I'll keep trying to figure this one out!! If you do, please let me know and I'll do the same!

MycheleXoXo

#5gaming klutzPosted 1/13/2008 3:39:38 AM
IIRC my stats say I have 4 of those Living World Money Bags. I wasn't watching very closely but here's where I might have picked them up:

1. One time when I did one of those parked racket trucks in the tunnels (Stolen Shipments?) I think the money was in a green bag like the missions money bags. I might have that wrong, but I'm sure about ...

2. Once when I was not doing a mission or anything I was going past a bank and there was a robbery in progress. There were a few Tattaglia goons there, loads of cops, and a few money bags on the steps of the bank. I took 'em to my safe house.

---
Betray me on board 565565
http://gamingklutz.blog.com
#6alkobob(Topic Creator)Posted 1/14/2008 10:48:01 AM
Ok, figured it out.Gaming Klutz was on the right track, there are sometimes members of the other families hanging around near a parked truck. If you kill them you can pick up a money bag they drop, which you then have to take back to your safehouse (much like the bank robbery bags) to gain them. So far I've found 2, one from the Tattaglia family in one of the tunnels, and another from the Stracci family, both worth $1000 each.
These are NOT the bank money bags you gain when robbing a vault, nor the ones you find during the mission.

As for rare innocents, I don't think they are the thugs beatin up random people as MycheleXoXo said, because I've found and killed them before and the stats still say 0. Plus if they're beating up people they're hardly innocent :P
However, I've not noticed any people with yellow circles round their feet carrying cash, but from the sounds of it they'l be those rare innocents.

I'l stick to the midtown $50,000 thought (^_^)

---
#7btyo462Posted 1/16/2008 7:15:12 AM
In fact, you don't even have to hunt for parked trucks. When driving around, you can just ram into box trucks (or shoot them enough times). Eventually after enough damage, they stop and a few gangsters get out. After killing them, you can slap the driver around (has a puppet icon above his head) and interrogate him till he reveals a racket location. You can also pick up a money bag worth $2000 that you'll have to return to a safehouse to earn. I can't seem to find the "living world money bags" or "rare innocents" stats in my menu, so I'm not sure if this is the same thing. Probably because I'm playing on PS2.
#8alkobob(Topic Creator)Posted 1/16/2008 2:38:46 PM
No, the moving trucks are entirely different. They're racket trucks that you take back to a certain point to gain the money inside, the money bag you pick up from the dead guy instantly gets added to your overall cash.

The living world money bags are different. There's one for each gang as far as I know. The goons stand near a PARKED truck, and usually another car. Kill them and one of them drops a money bag, which you have to take back to a safe house while being chased by that gang.

If you head out of Little Italy towards New Jersey on the lowermost freeway (the one thats linked to the road to the Corleone compound) you can find the Tattaglia living world money bag in the tunnel on your left if you drive AGAINST the traffic heading towards New Jersey.

The Cueno's money bag is undr the highway near the trainyard and the shipyard in the uppermost left hand corner of Midtown (I think thats the area) You'l see it on your map anyway, its a black line that heads straight up and has no bends in it for a while.

As for the Stracci, I can't remember where I found them, and I've not come accross the Brazini one yet.
---
#9btyo462Posted 1/16/2008 8:45:30 PM
I guess it must be a platform thing then, cause I'm playing on the PS2 and the only trucks I have robbed so far have been moving ones. The money bags from those ones I always have to return to my safehouse before it gets added to my cash. I haven't even seen a parked truck yet. I'm curious as to why the rare innocents and living world money bags stats aren't even in my menu. Strange.
#10btyo462Posted 1/16/2008 9:05:04 PM
Dangit. I just got the money bag from the Tattaglia guys in the tunnel and it was only worth $1,000 and there was no "living world"-ness to it. Just a lousy $1K. Guess I'll have to go without these little perks on my PS2.