disc 4 Boiling water trick works

#1ChickenLiverNutPosted 8/17/2010 5:02:52 PM
wow i was seriously going crazy.

I played about 50 hours through the first 3 discs and pop in disc 4...... Its unreadable. So i look it up online and everyone says that this common problem is because of the plastic sleeve that the last disc comes in.

So i search and search and cant determine if this boil the cd trick is an internet joke or not. I decide to give it a go because i payed 10 bucks for it.

I boil the water, turn off the stove, and completely submerge the disc in the water (held with tongs) for 3 minutes. I pop it in the xbox and it works perfectly fine. Before it would get to about 22 percent when installing to harddrive, it worked the first time.

Man, am i crazy for trying this? Or is the universe crazy because this worked?
---
~Part of being American is not knowing everything about America~
#2bubbaXPosted 8/18/2010 12:26:10 AM
you have chuck norris to thank!
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skfSUo5JDPc&playnext_from=TL&videos=vORzA8IHKs8 - Hilarious YTP watch n comment plz. Would love you if you do :).
#3JukainPosted 8/19/2010 12:02:25 PM
I was under the belief that you're not supposed to submerge CD/DVD discs, like, ever. I could be wrong.
---
I'm a girl, damn it! I wanna do girly things! Like fix up someone's hair and get phone calls expressing romantic sentiments!
#4ChickenLiverNut(Topic Creator)Posted 8/19/2010 10:42:41 PM
i did it disc side up or facing me. It took a couple of trials to find the combination but it has to be holy hell crazy boiling water for 3 minutes.
---
~Part of being American is not knowing everything about America~