How much does Gamestop acutally give you for trade ins?

#21BlOoDyDeAtH360Posted 2/4/2008 4:00:09 PM

geofshaka posted...
your full of it gamecrazy has everything gamespot has and doesnt make you preorder it, unlike gamestop who basically lives off of 5 dollar nonintrest loans from all the idiots who lay down there money to terrorist threats like if you dont preorder you dont get the game.... well why not get more of the game thats why gamespot sucks plus hey give less for everygame fact... and if you are lucky enough to have a blockbuster that sells games then you will see they give the most

i dont put $5 down a game i always put more like 15 or so, and i always pre-order games i want i rarely ever dont pre-order a game i want to buy. and in terms of game selection they dont have nearly as many games as gamestop. gaecrazy has one lil section for games and its always full of the newest games, gamestop has almost a whole half a wall full of xbox 360 games. and like i said i never buy used, if i did then gamecrazy would have alot more game but i always buy brand new and if there's an old game i want to get, then 9.5 times outta 10 i wont be able to at gamecrazy to get it because it isnt relatively new. and like i said, at gamecrazy they only let you put $5 down and that it, as far as i know you cant pay off a game before it comes out like you can at gamestop. and yeah they do give you less money but gamestop usually has real good promotions going that could additionally get you more then gamecrazy would. but i do agree that they do overall give more at gamecrazy. i remember once i went to trade in Prey, chromehounds and superman and would have gotten like $18 at gamestop but since they diddnt have the game in yet that i was going to get (Tenchu Z) i called gamecrazy and they had it so i went over there and got $32 for the exact 3 same games.

in the terms of BRAND NEW games gamestop does have more because they dont just toss out old games like game crazy does. game crazy generally only has the newer games brand new in stock. and again i never buy used, i think its a waste because 9 times out of 10 the used price is only $3 to $5 cheaper then a new copy, so might as we'll buy it brand new. maybe its just the game crazy's here but they are really small and dont have enough space to have as many games as gamestop does that are brand new.

also, gamecrazy only gets enough copy's in for there pre-order's (i was told this by a gamecrazy employee) but sometimes they will still sell them and someone that had the game pre-ordered dosnt get there copy (they rarely ever get more copies then they have pre-order though it does sometime's happen) like with GRAW i went there and the guy said he only had enough copies for pre-order's so we asked if he could call the other gamecrazy and he said that if i really want a game that that he would sell me one.

also, can anyone confirm that blockbuster will give you cash for games? ive only ever herd of them credtiting your account towards future rentals but i hardly ever go there because they completely blow when it comes to rentals...they tryed to charge me a late fee on a game that i had returned 4 days before it was due...i went back like the day after it was due and they asked if i had returned the game...which is pretty weak, plus they want all rentals but back by 6PM hollywood wants them back by midnight which reminded me why i hated going there and why i havnt been there for 5 years or so, they completely suck. and no the block buster here dosnt have the "no late fees" thing lol

It is possible that some gamecrazy's are big enough to keep older games in stock brand new (i assume all the ones ive been in are really small and dont have nearly as many games BRAND NEW as gamestop does) but the ones here and around my town are too small to which is another reason why i prefer gamestop over them. that and there $5 only on reservations thing, i like to pay off games before they come out. if you do that over at gamestop then you dont even pay tax (least i havnt, if i pay a game off before it comes out i only pay the $59.99 or $69.99 and dont have to pay tax)

#22BlOoDyDeAtH360Posted 2/4/2008 4:04:07 PM

KCGII posted...
Actually, I used to never buy used either, but Gamefly's games are, typically, in good condition, and they have sales you simply can't find anywhere else...Two Worlds for $10?! Hell yeah!! lol

I'm the biggest anti-used anything I know, but barring the rare exception I've found their games to be in brand-new/slightly used conditions. I've been impressed so far...for games I know I'm gonna buy I don't bother, but it's nice to pop something new in and have the option to buy it later on.

two worlds isnt worth $10 the game is complete crap. i bought it when it came back and traded it back in the next day.

as for gamefly, i ust to have them and they are cool and i agree there games normally arent all messed up, i still dont buy em though if im not the first person to use that copy, i just have a thing against used lol the only time i bought a game from gamefly was when i was the first person to use that copy because i they send the game out to me as soon as they got it in. other then that i wouldnt buy it from em. idk why i just never buy anything someone else has played lol the only thing ima make an exception for this on is a Playstation 1, i need a PS1 and you cant buy them new anymore. thats the only time ill buy something used. other then that **** that, i want a brand new copy that way i know for a fact it works and the creators get more money outta there game.

#23thebobevilPosted 2/4/2008 4:06:39 PM
Actually, if you hunt around online, you can find brand-new, still sealed, PS1s.
---
There is no darkness, only ignorance.
#24BlOoDyDeAtH360Posted 2/4/2008 4:12:16 PM

thebobevil posted...
Actually, if you hunt around online, you can find brand-new, still sealed, PS1s.
---
There is no darkness, only ignorance.

really? where? if its ebay then there's no chance ill be getting one brand new. i do know there are brand new PS1 games as amazon.com has a couple and i found legend of dragoon brand new (im thinking about buying it so i can have another copy incase the one i have messes up)

can you give me any reccomendations on where to check for a brand new sealed PS1 that isnt ebay? lol

#25HK88Posted 2/4/2008 4:35:57 PM
the best thing to do is trade in a game and use your edge card + tell them to put it toward a preorder you will get 20% extra and if they have a deal going on its another 10 so 30% more then usual. So a 30 dollar new game becomes 39 bucks trade in value. I saw if you beat a game and don't plan on playing it for a long time 6 mo + trade it in since it will be cheaper to get a year or more down the road if you really want it back.
#26BlOoDyDeAtH360Posted 2/4/2008 4:45:06 PM

HK88 posted...
the best thing to do is trade in a game and use your edge card + tell them to put it toward a preorder you will get 20% extra and if they have a deal going on its another 10 so 30% more then usual. So a 30 dollar new game becomes 39 bucks trade in value. I saw if you beat a game and don't plan on playing it for a long time 6 mo + trade it in since it will be cheaper to get a year or more down the road if you really want it back.

edge card is real good, i remember one time i traded in 6 games, they had the deal trade in 5 games and get 30% extra or w/e and i bought the edge card with it and after i bought that i still have $124 left to spend, sucks that mine runs out in july but ill probably renew it.