How am I supposed to beat the Ice Magic Beast in Lost Odyssey?

#1Too Fast 2 FuriousPosted 1/2/2009 9:09:25 AM
He reflects every spell I cast and wipes out my party in like 3 turns. I can't even damage him since my party is made of casters.
---
sig
#2RinglercorpPosted 1/2/2009 9:27:32 AM
Here's what I did...

Mack is the only person who can do melee with your current party, therefore use your casters first turns to beef up Mack's physical abilities (powera, speeda, etc.), and have him use combo until he runs out of MP, and use your casters to cast shield, barrier, regen, and throw flara bombs.
#3BlueWildPosted 1/2/2009 10:29:53 AM
Use a power drink on Mack, have Cooke constantly cast Zephyr (along with someone else if need be), and do whatever you want with Jansen. I used him to attack during the battle. :p

The boss himself really doesn't do that much that isn't immediately recoverable. Just keep combo-attacking with Mack and it'll be over in a few minutes.
---
GT - OPTIMUS DONK
BRB BOWFLEXING
#4SSJ_MCPosted 1/2/2009 10:30:06 AM
Grounda/groundus bombs, he's water-based.
---
Gamertag: VillainousWolf - Now Playing: Madden NFL 09, Lost Odyssey, CoD 4:MW, Fable II
#5DeathHeart95Posted 1/2/2009 2:38:04 PM

I used Grounda bombs with Jansen, had Mack using Combo, had Ming cast All-Generate every once in a while in between supporting, and had Cooke switch between Zephyra, All-Barricade, and Cover for Mack.

You barely take damage. It's awesome. Note my party was at level 37.

#6kaimargonar12Posted 1/2/2009 3:59:36 PM
use groundus bombs you can get them at the refugee camp and heal when nessacary I took him out in 5 turns
---
when people die they just go away - kaim argonar
lost odyssey
#7Dawn_WandererPosted 1/2/2009 7:41:50 PM
Wait... I could have used Bombs?! Ugh! I thought they count as magic, so I didn't bother.

I had Ming and Cooke cast the buffs and had Mack buff up his attack power. Then I had Mack attacking with a Bio Ring Ultra (with mostly perfect hits), dealing about 900 damage. Had everyone else on support. Ice Magic Beast's attacks started doing 0 damage once I had everyone with Barricade/Shieldus and Covera. Only had to worry about Freeze status.
---
When you tour outside the U.S., Freezepop says to tell people you're from "near Canada."
#8jwbartlePosted 1/2/2009 8:42:54 PM
Mack is the only one who can do any decent damage in this battle. Use Powerus on him, and have him use Double Hit or whatever skill he has that lets him hit multiple times in one turn. Have the mages spend all their time healing and casting Coverus on the party members. The Coverus spell makes this battle a piece of cake.
#9Riot55555Posted 1/3/2009 10:44:25 AM
I beat that boss with all of my characters getting wiped out and then Jansen with 2 HP throwing a Grounda Bomb to win =D
---
AWESOME COUNTER-STRIKE:SOURCE VIDEO:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHwhzJ6cbSA