Disc 4 unreadable

#1ruusteriPosted 7/7/2009 12:26:40 AM
At the beginning of disk 4, my game freezes and i hear the "dashboard sound" but no message.
I think its the disc is unreadable error.
I bought the game almost year ago, and i think i cant return it anymore.

I have tried to install it to HDD, but no luck, it says disc is unreadable.
#2Rpgfan_23Posted 7/7/2009 1:49:59 AM
Borrow a friend's disk and install it to your hdd, then use your damaged disc to boot from your hdd.
---
Morrowind:real-life day 1620, Yeah Baby!!! Gamertag: Rpgfan 23 (World of Warcraft: Rpgfanatic)
Yeah his family killed him and then ripped of their own skins off
#3ruusteri(Topic Creator)Posted 7/7/2009 5:59:06 AM
None of my friends havent got this :(
#4LandruePosted 7/7/2009 8:18:23 AM
mine occasionaly says unreadable and freezes (Disc 4 also) but i just reboot...good luck figuring it out.
---
"The true man wants two things: danger and play. For that reason he wants woman, as the most dangerous plaything."-Friedrich Nietzsche
#5LordStark5Posted 7/7/2009 9:37:10 AM
you can find the complete game on ebay for like 10 bucks... sell your version to gamestop or somewhere that buys used games and then buy it off ebay...you'll be losing a couple dollars but it will at least work for you
#6JukainPosted 7/7/2009 10:37:31 AM
That, or just rent the game from BlockBuster/GameCrazy/GameFly etc., install it, then use your disc. Cheapest method I think.
---
I'm a girl, damn it! I wanna do girly things! Like fix up someone's hair and get phone calls expressing romantic sentiments!
#7gr4y5ku11Posted 7/16/2009 6:16:09 PM
Okay...This is a true strory. Google it if you don't believe me. I borrowed this game from a friend and disc four wouldn't install. I had me return it for a new one, same thing. I googled and found some cats claiming that you could boil water, take it off the burner, out the disc in the water for 10 seconds x 2 without letting it touch the sides on the pot, and it would work.

I said what the hell since it wasn't my disc and it worked. The belief is that disc 4 have sleeve residue melted on it from the sun and the boiling burns it off.

Worked for me, google it. Like I said, someone has specific instructions on how to boil the disc without screwing it up.
---
XBL: GR4Y5KULL / PSN: spook0231