Can you use Sleep S in lieu of Tranq S to capture wyverns?

#1ferofaxPosted 11/12/2012 8:58:02 AM
... well, can you?
---
pardon if my posts suck, i post by tapping on the handset button on a one-way analog handset. i saw Hannibal Lecter do it.
#2fuzzball01Posted 11/14/2012 11:24:10 PM
I don't think so, but if you want to be sure, it probably wouldn't be too hard to test it on a Kut-Ku. Make sure to bring enough shots to put it to sleep more than once in case it's health isn't low enough yet.
---
Don't rush me, I'm thinking.
#3ferofax(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2012 4:29:12 AM
I tried, but I can't get them to sleep fast enough while trapped. I'm guessing it's a no for this one, but I'll try with Sleep2 and maybe a better, faster gun (dunno if there are guns that can load Sleep2 higher than 1 shot per clip).
---
pardon if my posts suck, i post by tapping on the handset button on a one-way analog handset. i saw Hannibal Lecter do it.
#4Juggalo417Posted 11/29/2012 4:59:11 PM
You cannot use sleep status effect to capture a monster. Tranq S or Tranq bombs are required. It's probably because in Sleep Status one hit wakes them, while in a tranquilized state, attacks or movements wouldn't rouse them.
---
XBL GT: Brain D4mag3
Dark Souls or MH Tri anyone?
#5ferofax(Topic Creator)Posted 12/2/2012 11:06:03 PM
Haven't really checked back here, but I found out the hard way, I guess. This probably means capture quests are my only opportunities for capture wyverns, instead of capturing any and all wyvern in sight (not that I'd do that, but it's better than gunning one down and never getting a tail carve).
---