Still Alive

#1DrekariPosted 12/16/2012 1:40:36 AM
Anyone out there keeping the hunting alive. Just got out my ol psp for some mh wondering if anyone else still played this.
---
The Raven Sees All
#2fuzzball01Posted 12/16/2012 3:28:39 AM
Not at the moment, but I check this board pretty often to keep it from dying out completely.
---
Don't rush me, I'm thinking.
#3emperor_noobPosted 12/16/2012 8:20:48 AM
My PSP's broken :( and nowhere local sells them any more. Memories of this game came flooding back to me a few days ago. Oh how I miss it.

Does anyone else think that Kokoto Village had the best soundtrack of all the Monster Hunter Villages? To me, it has that 18th Century Japanese vibe about it. It's pretty soothing.
---
Calm down, Doctor! Now's not the time for fear. That comes later.
#4Drekari(Topic Creator)Posted 12/16/2012 4:29:43 PM
My buddy just went and bought a used one from gamestop. And thank you for keeping it from dyeing. Of all the mh series this ones my favorite
---
The Raven Sees All
#5fuzzball01Posted 12/17/2012 12:20:27 AM(edited)
I have all the PSP versions, and a partially translated ISO for MHP3rd, but this one is still my favorite. Unfortunately, the only other person I know that likes MH and has a PSP couldn't play co-op with me because his PSP's... uh... thingy broke. I forgot what the PSPs wireless thing is called, but it was broken in his, so we couldn't do any hunts together.

EDIT: Ah! AdHoc! Thats what it was.
---
Don't rush me, I'm thinking.
#6RX_Zr0Posted 12/17/2012 4:03:34 AM
emperor_noob posted...
My PSP's broken :( and nowhere local sells them any more. Memories of this game came flooding back to me a few days ago. Oh how I miss it.

Does anyone else think that Kokoto Village had the best soundtrack of all the Monster Hunter Villages? To me, it has that 18th Century Japanese vibe about it. It's pretty soothing.

Totally agree dude! I miss Kokoto soooo much. I might even Ad Hoc if somebody is up for it.
#7Shibby_123Posted 12/19/2012 10:32:09 AM
Hi everybody! (Dr nick voice)

I started playing this game about a week ago, its my first MH game and I'm really impressed with the game. love using my headphones with the game so I can hear the dolby surround sound- truly awesome.

Glad to see the board is still alive(ish)
#8emperor_noobPosted 12/19/2012 1:21:29 PM
Shibby_123 posted...
Hi everybody! (Dr nick voice)

I started playing this game about a week ago, its my first MH game and I'm really impressed with the game. love using my headphones with the game so I can hear the dolby surround sound- truly awesome.

Glad to see the board is still alive(ish)

Good to see that you're loving it. It's a lot tougher than the later ones, but a great game. How far are you on?

I remember my first time playing it, I timed out on the finding Raw Meat quest because I got the meanings of Sheathe and Unsheathe mixed up thinking that Sheathe meant draw weapon :/ Then I got really frustrated at trying to create a Well-Done Steak. It took me ages to get the timing right.

Has anyone else got any silly memories like this?
---
Calm down, Doctor! Now's not the time for fear. That comes later.
#9Lunar_SoulPosted 12/20/2012 9:25:17 AM
^I certainly do, lol. Got this a few months back (was LOOKING for Freedom Unite, but the store didn't have it), and almost ended up quitting the game because I didn't know about the Village quests and couldn't find a weapon that worked well for me(really should've gave lances a second chance back then, heh). So, I went and talked to everyone again to see, and what a shock, I found out there were actual single-player quests! XD

Fast-forward a few months, and now I'm getting ready to attempt Fatalis.
---
Lily! <3 Yeah, I'm a Vocaloid fan. Problem?
http://w11.zetaboards.com/TheQuittingReturner/index/
#10ProudcladPosted 12/20/2012 1:24:41 PM
This game definitely was harder than the other ones. I don't know why. O.o
---
proudclad LAYING DOWN THE SMACK - Error1355
chaoscoalition.net