HD 720p Cutscenes Available for Download

#1sc4freakPosted 9/26/2008 4:54:02 AM

Hi all, I've been crazy (or stupid) enough to record, encode and host all the cutscenes from DMC4 in HD resolution (1280x720).

I've put them up for download here:
http://www.microngamestudios.com/dmc4.html

When added all up, the cutscenes are 1:57:30 long, and approx. 5.2GB. They were recorded from the PC version of the game, with all settings on maximum except for shadows (as the super-high shadow setting is buggy). C8xAA was also turned on for all cutscenes.

Enjoy!

PS. I do have limited bandwidth, so try not to go completely insane.

#2xxnike629xxPosted 9/26/2008 5:06:50 AM
Nice.

It would've been better if the videos were encoded with H264, AAC, mkv.

=)

And I'm sure that it was possible to encode the video with a smaller file size.
#3xxnike629xxPosted 9/26/2008 10:13:42 AM
I checked out the first clip.

A few issues...

1. there's a lot of audio skipping
2. the video does not play smoothly

It seems that all you did was rip the cut scenes from the PC version of the game, didn't do a very good job with it, nor encode it properly.

>_>

Try fixing it up and then putting it up for others to watch.
#4Griever13roPosted 9/26/2008 12:46:04 PM
I doubt he ripped anything since the DMC4 cutscenes are not prerendered.
So he probably captured them somehow, which is great work and very time consuming.
Also capturing at 720p is not an easy task so quality may lack because of the limited power of computer (he needs to render AND capture in the same time)
Regardless the quality thanks for the effort and thanks for sharing.

---
Griever
#5Griever13roPosted 9/26/2008 1:10:15 PM
Checked two videos, work perfectly on my PS3 and the quality is freakin' great.
I'll try to get everything tomorrow, thanks again for these!
---
Griever
#6sc4freak(Topic Creator)Posted 9/26/2008 4:01:58 PM

xxnike629xx posted...
I checked out the first clip.

A few issues...

1. there's a lot of audio skipping
2. the video does not play smoothly

It seems that all you did was rip the cut scenes from the PC version of the game, didn't do a very good job with it, nor encode it properly.

>_>

Try fixing it up and then putting it up for others to watch.

They work fine. These videos are encoded with a high quality, high-bitrate HD codec. The problem is on your end - you computer isn't fast enough to decode high quality 720p HD content. Try it on a faster computer (or, if you want, you can try playing it on an Xbox 360 or PS3).

#7SaydeWindsaurPosted 9/26/2008 5:17:17 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#8SaydeWindsaurPosted 9/26/2008 5:19:08 PM
This is some awesome work you've done. And I've been waiting for someone to do this for awhile now. Also, thanks a lot for not messing up the footage with any watermarks or logo's.

Just a suggestion though.

I highly recommend uploading your files to a site like filefront.com. You can upload as much as you want to your account, people can download as much as they want, and their download speeds are pretty good too. But the most important reason I'm suggesting this is because of people like me who WILL want to download every single cutscene you've recorded. So you won't have to worry about running out of bandwith this way.

Once again, it's just a suggestion. Thank you so much for taking the time out to do this. Everything looks and sounds great.
#9santos el helperPosted 9/26/2008 5:42:24 PM
Damn it to hell sc4freak, I hate you! I have a standard def TV (yeah, yeah), and you've completely ruined me now! The difference is like...like watching the third Ninja Turtles movie, then seeing the first flick for the very first time! D:
---
Oh no, there goes Tokyo! Go go Godzilla!
#10hurricane32Posted 9/26/2008 10:36:17 PM
Excellent work! This must have taken you forever!
---
I'm not a genius. I'm just a man with average intelligence in a world full of idiots.