Difficulty changes

#1XgArrancarPosted 12/27/2010 12:09:39 PM
I've noticed a few changes besides stronger enemies in my hard play-through, i've also noticed higher prices for potions at the shop and i've gotten a life of the gods in a chest where i got lives of the thousand gods on normal. So is there anything else to give me a harder time or is that about it?
---
Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?
#2smeech8000Posted 12/27/2010 2:25:04 PM
Inventory limits get tighter. On MN you can only carry 5 small elixirs and 2 (or 3?) big ones, etc.

Scarab locations are always the same, although the rewards differ.

Hard introduces Fiend Ryu at certain points along the way (Archive, Peristyle Passage, Caged area in ch13). VH and MN add one new location each (I won't spoil it). Also, the subbosses you fight prior to Marbus get "upgraded" to new bosses when you hit VH.

Encounters will spawn in new locations, especially on MN. This can be slightly surprising (BSN's in the mat room on your way out of the fortress in the beginning of Ch2) to downright pain in the ass (Aquaduct catches a bad case of the crabs).
#3GoukiAkujikiPosted 12/28/2010 9:16:24 AM
There's almost too many changes to list. Almost every chest is different, rewards for scarabs, obviously encounters. It's fun and full of surprises.
#4mn_MarsbarPosted 12/28/2010 1:05:01 PM

Different enemies in the Stadium Challenge and the Great Bridge Challenge.

#5magxPosted 12/29/2010 9:27:37 PM
(Aquaduct catches a bad case of the crabs

lol! So true.
---
Gaming, Atheism and Skepticism Blog: http://magx01.blogspot.com/
Ninja Gaiden Black is the best game ever. I want Dynamite Cop XBLA!!!