This game should have gone to PC...

#1James MasonPosted 1/13/2008 11:34:00 AM
I mean...

Higher resolution.
No jaggies.
Possibility to host your own online games, hence ressurecting the good old MGO.

It's a shame it never was ported, especially since MGS and MGS2 are on PC.
---
The wind carried screams from the west. I could not help but smile - Kain MGO - Stealth Python/MPO - Stealth Cobra
#2aoshi_shinumoriPosted 1/14/2008 7:34:05 PM
same here. i always wanted it to come out on pc.. i just brought a ps2 just for this game... duh.
#3Merdico666Posted 1/15/2008 9:35:53 PM
That would be sweet so that I wouldn't get in trouble for hogging up the PS2. But then I would hog up the computer :( I lose either way...
#4Eddo_CPosted 1/19/2008 8:46:49 PM
I respectfully disagree with the topic. Not in the mod to say why but I have my reasons.
---
Is not sweet or bitter until you tasted it.
http://photobucket.com/albums/b126/Chaninator/
#5kemuri_reconPosted 1/21/2008 9:14:26 PM

why not..? ^^

only reason would be if you dont have a goodspec machine .. i agree should have been ported over ..mgs2 i played a while ago looks extremly sharp and the possibilitys of anti aliasing x16 is just mouth watering .. is their a specific reason it wasnt ported over..?

#6MatthiasOmegaPosted 1/22/2008 1:45:28 PM
... Controls, maybe?
---
"Whoa, you actually remembered something you learned in school?"
-My friend
#7James Mason(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2008 12:10:16 AM
MGS2 was ported to PC as a consequence of being ported to XBOX.

Since they had to revisit the PS2 version and convert it to the Xbox, they basically had most of the work done already, hence creating the PC version was only a matter of optimising the game for multiple configurations.

However, since MGS2 sold average on XBOX, this lead KONAMI to abandon the Xbox ... and since they didn't have to make a PC-architecture MGS3 conversion that would work on Xbox, they didn't bother to make one for PC, since PC version usually sell even worse.

But in hindsight, I'll admit having a PC version of MGS3 would be awesome, as it would allow modding, hosting our own servers and "reviving" the classic MGO (because, while the new MGS4 MGO looks great, it doesn't have that Old-School 60s charm MGS3's MPO had).
---
The wind carried screams from the west. I could not help but smile - Kain MGO - Stealth Python/MPO - Stealth Cobra
#8James Mason(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2008 12:12:00 AM
... Controls, maybe?

That's a non-issue. There are countless rumble PC pads that have the exact same configuration as the PS2's gamepad... And to go even further, you can even plug a PS3 controller in your PC...
---
#9kemuri_reconPosted 1/23/2008 2:59:34 AM
ye i can see the xbox played a big part .. i think chances of mgs4 port hang on if it gets ported to the 360 aswell ...which i doubt !!
#10supreme darPosted 1/24/2008 4:09:06 AM
if there would be a possibilty of the pc getting mgs4 because of it being ported to the 360, then all we can do is hope they are considering the option...
---
Using guides or walkthroughs is NOT cheating