Just to get a few things straight with the story (spoilers)

#1scary ghost manPosted 2/20/2008 12:21:10 PM
1. So the philosophers/Patriots were kind of unstable for a lot of the time until the american side retrieved half of the legacy right?

2. Did we ever find out what happened to the second half of the legacy?

3. The end implies that the other branches of the philosophers still exist, does this mean by the time MGS2 rolls around, there are still other versions of the Patriots?

I'm sure there was more I wanted to know but there is so much to take in that I can't remember it all.
---
I think I just laughed because you're such a god dern funny poster some times.-corupted number
http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2007/03/ps31.jpg
#2Norman_DPosted 2/20/2008 1:03:47 PM
I couldn't play any other game of MGS to the end, but in the end of MGS3 there's a chronological event display.
If I remember correctly, one half was retrieved, and the other half was retrieved about 3 decades afterwards.
There are no "branches" of the Philosophers. After the war ended, it was every country for its own - meaning, betrays and agendas. The Patriots is the Philosophers' money (after the whole was retrieved) with American control.
#3scary ghost man(Topic Creator)Posted 2/20/2008 1:36:26 PM
But what about the Chinese, Russian, and whoever else Philosophers? Did they just dismantle themselves?

---
I think I just laughed because you're such a god dern funny poster some times.-corupted number
http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2007/03/ps31.jpg
#4Norman_DPosted 2/20/2008 1:45:24 PM
In MGS3, you found out that the Russian part of the Philosophers knew and held half of the legacy. The Russian version of the Patriots is probably Volgin and the Sons of the Boss.
Probably, some parts were stolen from some countries, and there was a power struggle. There's almost no information about specific individuals - but you get the picture - there was a lot of betrayal between all of the countries involved with the Philosophers.