Differences?

#1DrakoVongola1Posted 9/4/2011 8:51:39 AM
I know this has probably been asked a thousand times before, but I'll ask anyway.

What are the differences between Subsistence and Snake Eater? Like, is there anything majorly different?
---
I believe in Jesus, the son of God, the one way to salvation
Condemn the war, not the warrior.
#2MookietheboldPosted 9/4/2011 10:21:41 AM
Topic search is your friend. Use it.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/928437-metal-gear-solid-3-subsistence?search=diff
---
i will lead you
#3DrakoVongola1(Topic Creator)Posted 9/4/2011 10:39:53 AM
So that Snake vs. Monkey thing, is it in Snake Eater? It probably won't change my choice much (I'll probably be getting Snake Eater since I don't think the Gamestop around here has the 2 disk version), just curious.
---
#4flintstonerPosted 9/4/2011 12:45:25 PM
no, only subst. keep lookin for subsistance you will thank yourself in the long run. a classic keeper.
#5ArucardPosted 9/5/2011 7:14:47 AM
Snake vs Monkey was in Snake Eater as well. What's more, the PAL version of Snake Eater even contained the two bonus levels which are exclusive to Subsistence in other regions.
(Return Of The Living Apes and The Apes Of Wrath.)
---
:..:Addicted to misery:..:
#6Tmac2035Posted 9/14/2011 3:18:17 PM(edited)
User controlled Third person camera.

That is all you need to know.

Actually, there's more stuff, but the camera alone is worth the price of admission. Of course if you've never played Snake Eater then you probably have no idea what I'm referring to.
---
This is my witty signature.
PSN: Toastie_McBake
#7DrakoVongola1(Topic Creator)Posted 9/17/2011 6:01:16 PM
Tmac2035 posted...

Actually, there's more stuff, but the camera alone is worth the price of admission. Of course if you've never played Snake Eater then you probably have no idea what I'm referring to.

I decided to just get Sake Eater since i couldn't find Sub. with 2 disks. Personally I don't find the camera much of an issue other than a couple bosses.
---
#8Tmac2035Posted 9/29/2011 12:48:19 PM
DrakoVongola1 posted...
Tmac2035 posted...

I decided to just get Sake Eater since i couldn't find Sub. with 2 disks. Personally I don't find the camera much of an issue other than a couple bosses.

Don't get me wrong -- the game is definitely still playable with the overhead camera. I went through Snake Eater countless times myself. It mainly only causes problems if you've been spotted and are being fired at off screen.

If you ever get the chance to 'upgrade' to Subsistence you should do it. You will not regret it. Not only does the 3rd person camera allow for a lot more visual freedom, but it almost makes Snake Eater seem like a whole new game entirely.
---
This is my witty signature.
PSN: Toastie_McBake
#9DrakoVongola1(Topic Creator)Posted 9/30/2011 4:33:23 PM
Ya, I think after fighting 'her' I can see the camera issues >_>

I plan to get the hd collection (Though I am curious, and worried, about how they'll handle the 360 lack of pressure sensitive buttons) and I think that one has Subsistence.
---