How rare is this game?

• Topic Archived
4 years ago#1
I'm only asking, because a lot of people on Ebay are selling it as "RARE Metal Gear Solid 3 Subsistence". I know that there is a different version of this game with a 3 hour movie or something along those lines; is that the 'rare' version?
4 years ago#2
I just saw a couple copies at Gamestop where I live, in LA, and so I got one.

Can't be too rare.
i7 2600k @5Ghz | ASUS Maximus IV Z68 | Corsair 16GB RAM | MSI Lt. Ex. 580 | Kingston Hyper X SSD | TT L10 GT Snow | Corsair H100 | Corsair 1200W | ASUS Xense
4 years ago#3
yes it is it came with 3 discs. existance being the one you mentioned. i think we will see more subsistance copies up for sale with the hd collection coming nov 8. still i will never part with my subs. discs. gonna get hd set too. ive never played peace walker.
4 years ago#4
It seems like in the US, the 3-disk version is reasonably rare these days.
In Europe all versions of the game had 3 disks so it's decidedly less rare there.
:..:Addicted to misery:..:
4 years ago#5
I've still got a factory sealed NTSC MGS3 Subsistence Limited Edition if anyone is interested.
This is my witty signature.
PSN: Toastie_McBake
4 years ago#6
Thanks, everyone. I was planning on getting Snake Eater after playing a demo, but Subsistence would be even better. Hopefully I can find a copy in my local game store.
4 years ago#7
i had snake eater. then found subsistance. so much better with all the extras and 360 camera view. keep lookin you will be glad you find subsistance. a masterpiece worth keeping.
4 years ago#8
Note that there will be an HD collection coming out in the near future. It will be released both on 360 and PS3. If you have either of these consoles I recommend waiting for that.
4 years ago#9
Arucard posted...
In Europe all versions of the game had 3 disks so it's decidedly less rare there.

This is plain not true, sorry to say. I had the regular version AND subsistence.
Yes, I am a guy. Yes, I do play video games.
Don't hit on me you silly girls! ~
4 years ago#10
Where? The only version of Subsistence I've ever seen in Europe is this one:

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived