Just got back from the Austin g.d.c. (Chromehounds Sequel Confirmed)

#1ashersgcorpsPosted 8/15/2008 2:08:01 PM
To those of you that know me: I know it's been a while, but I've been busy with school. I spoke with a couple of sega representatives and they were more than happy to inform me that chromehounds 2 is in development with a projected release of summer 2010. There are a couple of titles that they are getting sequels out of the way of first, but chromehounds 2 is in the pipes. I don't have any online proof, since I was there in person and speaking with the reps firsthand, but your cries have been heard and they are in the works.
#2iTroublePosted 8/15/2008 5:10:35 PM
hmmm, your the third person I've heard to say this. Lets hope its not just a rumor
---
www.myspace.com/2real2ignore
My biggest enemy is my inner me- Lupe Fiasco
#311MarcelPosted 8/17/2008 2:22:21 PM
Let's hope for the best. Also, they'd better hire a small army of beta testers to test for gimmick hounds. I'd hate to see another series of fads like double doubles and spiker hounds again. Then again, that's also up to the community.
#4chromehoundmechPosted 8/18/2008 6:01:40 AM
i hope so too i loved the first been hoping for some new life in this series thanks for the update
---
ROBO
XBL GT:RoboSnoSquirrel
#5Badphish07Posted 9/1/2008 12:59:06 PM
The community will epic fail in that aspect. What's important is that they release patches to fix the cheap things people figure out. they will test the game, but they will not test it nearly as well as 100,000 people playing it for 2 years. There will be cheap stuff. Just needs to be fixed now and then.
---
360 GT: Badfish 07
#6The OnionPosted 9/6/2008 10:11:50 AM
"cheap things" like what, exactly?
#7airsoftmanicPosted 9/12/2008 2:12:47 PM

people making very fast hounds and putting like one really powerful gun on it and exploit a few glitches in the game engine.

i have seen a few people do it before and all of them had chicken legs with WAY too much equipment on them to be feasible.

chicken legs with a medium cockpit then a massive generator, covered in armor with 1-2 heavy cannons or a large missle pod. goes faster than anything else can and can kill anyone with 1-2 hits.

me and a few friends were testing out this sort of stuff in a private match with one of the guys who makes those sort of mechs and he could go twice as fast as the fastest mech i had, which had no weapon, armour or any add-ons at all.

so there are ways of making a "cheap mech"

#8Barcode711Posted 9/13/2008 7:39:23 AM
Is it Sega or the other company that has the rights to Chromehounds? Because the other one is making a new Armored Core...
#9The OnionPosted 9/13/2008 1:18:20 PM
people making very fast hounds and putting like one really powerful gun on it and exploit a few glitches in the game engine.

i have seen a few people do it before and all of them had chicken legs with WAY too much equipment on them to be feasible.

chicken legs with a medium cockpit then a massive generator, covered in armor with 1-2 heavy cannons or a large missle pod. goes faster than anything else can and can kill anyone with 1-2 hits.

me and a few friends were testing out this sort of stuff in a private match with one of the guys who makes those sort of mechs and he could go twice as fast as the fastest mech i had, which had no weapon, armour or any add-ons at all.

so there are ways of making a "cheap mech"

hahahahaha

a)unless youre talking about the overweight glitch, a fully loaded naqa(chicken leg) hound will never ever travel as fast as a something on wheels/hovers/meade tank treades that only has a cockpit...

b) 2 heavy cannons or large missile pods cant kill you in 1-2 hits, unless youre using a pickett cockpit...

Please stop making stuff up, thanks.
#10AcidBurn20xPosted 9/15/2008 10:44:35 PM
the guy isnt making stuff up. I saw a guy with "chicken legs" with about 10-12 heat seekers run toward me and was able to catch up to me while i was on wheels.

2 of my guys had 3 sabers each on so they were able to take shots onto his cockpit but not until he killed me and another guy first.

He had incredible speed for legs and way too many weapons.
---
Gamertag: AcidBurn20x