This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Would this game be better with Prime 1/2 controls instead?

#1stillnotelfPosted 7/24/2012 5:10:05 PM
Would this game be better with Prime 1/2 controls instead? - Results (38 votes)
Yes
39.47% (15 votes)
No
55.26% (21 votes)
mixed opinion (explain in a post)
5.26% (2 votes)
This poll is now closed.
We have a poll thing now - so let's see how it works! Does the Wii control scheme help or hurt this game compared to Prime 1 and 2?
---
Usque adeone mori miserum est? After all, there's always a continue...
#2The_BonesPosted 7/25/2012 11:11:19 PM
I think the motion controls were implemented pretty well for this game and is one of the better games with motion controls for the Wii. Not having to lock on to be able to shoot an enemy was very nice and I thought using motion controls to operate some of the devices was pretty cool.
#3stillnotelf(Topic Creator)Posted 7/26/2012 3:50:41 PM
The_Bones posted...
Not having to lock on to be able to shoot an enemy was very nice

Not being ABLE to lock on was what I felt was the biggest flaw in the game.
---
#4The_BonesPosted 7/26/2012 4:18:18 PM
stillnotelf posted...
The_Bones posted...

There was an option in the game that let your reticle stay locked on to an enemy by holding Z like in MP1&2.
#5Sparx401Posted 7/27/2012 5:47:19 PM
I actually like Prime 3's controls. I have the Trilogy version, and replaying the other two games with that control scheme works great (I especially like how they handled switching visors and beams).

The only thing that could make it better would be to have it utilize the Wii Motion+ for better accuracy, and maybe tapping left or right on the D-pad to realign your cross-hair to the center like Skyward Sword.
---
Like LPs of somewhat obscure and not often-LP'ed games? Try me: http://www.youtube.com/user/ThatDivTag
Currently: Zelda OoA / Joy Mech Fight
#6stillnotelf(Topic Creator)Posted 8/2/2012 4:05:08 PM
The_Bones posted...
stillnotelf posted...
The_Bones posted...

There was an option in the game that let your reticle stay locked on to an enemy by holding Z like in MP1&2.

It didn't work for targeting "weak spots" like the orb things on the animated-golem boss.
---
#7Sparx401Posted 8/2/2012 8:41:21 PM
Eh? You can lock on to them just fine if you turned off "Lock-on Free-Aim". It's just that there are some enemies that are able to break out of your lock-on (or it could be that you go too far away from the target which also breaks lock-on--that's the same as the regular Prime games). In fact, some enemies also do that in Echoes as well (adult Chykka comes to mind).
---
Like LPs of somewhat obscure and not often-LP'ed games? Try me: http://www.youtube.com/user/ThatDivTag
Currently: Zelda OoA / Joy Mech Fight