This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Think Retro Studios will make Metroid Prime 4?

#1HeroicSomaCruzPosted 6/29/2013 9:26:10 PM
I'm thinking that or a new beginning to the Metroid series after the Prime chapter. After the whole Other M fiasco, where Sakamoto regained the reigns to his series and drove nearly a decade of success straight into the ground, it's up to Retro to rebuild the series and clean up his mess. They can do it; Sakamoto has shown us his time as Metroid's director is well past us. Plus, the localization didn't make the game any better, and decreases the chances for full-voice acting in future Nintendo titles.
---
http://tinyurl.com/ckb9ykw
http://www.gamerhandles.com/sig/Durango.jpg
#2GensokyoPosted 7/1/2013 10:59:31 AM(edited)
They won't, because they explicitly said during the development of MP3:C that it would be the last game in the Prime series.

They might still make other Metroid games (whether it be in the same style as the Prime games, or something completely different) in the future, though.
#3ShadowMario3Posted 7/1/2013 4:10:03 PM
No more Prime games please. Just make a sequel series with a different subtitle.
---
Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/ShadowMario3
#4UnbollPosted 7/3/2013 8:44:19 PM
HeroicSomaCruz posted...
I'm thinking that or a new beginning to the Metroid series after the Prime chapter. After the whole Other M fiasco, where Sakamoto regained the reigns to his series and drove nearly a decade of success straight into the ground, it's up to Retro to rebuild the series and clean up his mess. They can do it; Sakamoto has shown us his time as Metroid's director is well past us. Plus, the localization didn't make the game any better, and decreases the chances for full-voice acting in future Nintendo titles.

What's wrong with Metroid Other M? I mean besides the gameplay and game design. And no they said that Metroid Prime 3 was the last in the series.
#5Bowser05Posted 7/4/2013 12:28:57 AM
I don't get all the hate to be quite honest. I actually REALLY enjoyed Other M. My only real complaints were that the voice acting was shoddy at best (I liked the story...just didn't like the way it was presented by the cast) and that the game was linear and short. I really liked the actual gameplay, the controls and the combat though.
---
Playing:Dragon Age 2,LBP,K:CC,FFXIII,Gears3,Borderlands,PkMnW,DKCR,Halo Reach,Assassin's Creed
Still waiting for Nintendo to release Mother 3 in the US...
#6Solid LinkPosted 7/6/2013 4:52:25 PM
The gameplay of Other M wasn't bad, apart from only being able to use Missiles in first-person view, but the design was horrendous. Removing powerups and exploration, both hallmarks of the Metroid series, and locking you into a linear room-by-room path did NOT combine well with a horribly written/acted story. It made for just an all-around bad Metroid game.
---
CM HAF 912|MSI 890FXA-GD65|AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE @ 3.4GHz|XFX HD-6870 1GB
Patriot 8GB DDR3 1600|1TB SATA Spinpoint HDD|XFX 650W PSU|ASUS 23" LED LCD
#7Bowser05Posted 7/10/2013 1:07:47 PM
Well there are many many people I know who would strongly disagree with you. The only things I found lacking were the bad voice acting and the linearity. Having upgrades given to you with permission is just a story tweak, you still have to get them like normal though. Not to mention there are still plenty of powerups to obtain. I hope they take the solid gameplay model of Other M and apply it to the open-world of Super Metroid in a whole new console 2D Metroid. Someday perhaps.
---
Playing:Dragon Age 2,LBP,K:CC,FFXIII,Gears3,Borderlands,PkMnW,DKCR,Halo Reach,Assassin's Creed
Still waiting for Nintendo to release Mother 3 in the US...
#8DrumguyPosted 7/25/2013 9:15:25 AM
Solid Link posted...
The gameplay of Other M wasn't bad, apart from only being able to use Missiles in first-person view, but the design was horrendous. Removing powerups and exploration, both hallmarks of the Metroid series, and locking you into a linear room-by-room path did NOT combine well with a horribly written/acted story. It made for just an all-around bad Metroid game.

It was bad by Metroid game standards, but still better than most games.
---
"I never went to church. I just listened to Led Zeppelin and that was all I needed." - Dave Grohl
#9Hawke0Posted 7/29/2013 3:57:14 PM
Unboll posted...
HeroicSomaCruz posted...

What's wrong with Metroid Other M? I mean besides the gameplay and game design. And no they said that Metroid Prime 3 was the last in the series.

gameplaywise, the combat could've fit in a game called Babies First Action Game. The dodge move is automatically activated by moving and grants a large number of invincibility frames, and it does nothing to punish button mashing. It's broken, and the combat devolves into dodging around enemes while shooting them with your beam, without any sort of variety.

The level design lacks any variety and has less freedom than Prime 3 or Fusion, and you're almost always locked out of backtracking. There are expansions to find, but missiles and energy tanks are worthless because Concentration allows you to refill both of them with the push of a button. I beat the game with 13 missiles and a third of the E-Tanks I should've had, and never had any sort of challenge. If you're new to action games there is some fun to be had, but any one who's played a real action game like Devil May Cry 3, God Hand, NG2, etc. will see it's flaws within five minutes. God of War fans might like it though.

The story is rife with contradictions, plot holes, and character assassination. It's like a bad fanfiction, complete with the writers self insert who the franchises hero is obsessed with (Adam). They also outright say that Prime 3 didn't happen, and inadvertently make Fusion impossible - as well as shamelessly rehashing its plot.
---
"Fresh Prince is the greatest thing in the history of the world. That is FACT."-DNRT people who agree:1
The One and Only True Mr.Ford
#10Ruky20Posted 8/1/2013 4:49:19 PM
I hope they do a proper sequel to Super Metroid so we can forget the calamity called "Other M". Donkey Kong Country Returns showed Retro can do awesome platforms.
---
"The night is young, but I'm not"