*SPOILER* Question about the ending.

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
  3. *SPOILER* Question about the ending.

User Info: DizavidHZ

DizavidHZ
3 years ago#1
I beat this game back when it came out, and was filled with giddy fanboy delight after the final boss, thinking, "This was sort of an origin story for Mother brain!

A friend of mine disputed this, mentioning how in Metroid Prime 1, a scanned message from the space pirates discusses the aftermath of the destruction of mother brain.

However, I now see that apparently I was right, since the agreed upon timeline puts Metroid Prime(s) before Super Metroid. My question is this: Was that just something the threw in there to establish a time line (making it sound post Super Metroid) and redacted it later when it was more awesome to show the creation of mother brain? Also, since Metroid 1/Zero Mission came before Prime, is there any official story/information as to how Mother Brain was alive for that, faked her (its?) death, and then gets recreated by Aurora?
Sometimes I lie awake at night, and I ask, 'Where have I gone wrong?' Then a voice says to me, 'This is going to take more than one night.
-- Charlie Brown

User Info: Drumguy

Drumguy
3 years ago#2
The Prime games are in a timeline all their own. I don't remember any specific Space Pirate message concerning Mother Brain.

Aurora's recreation of the Mother Brain (the events in Other M) is the direct sequel to Super Metroid.
"I never went to church. I just listened to Led Zeppelin and that was all I needed." - Dave Grohl
  1. Boards
  2. Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
  3. *SPOILER* Question about the ending.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived