This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

*SPOILER* Question about the ending.

#1DizavidHZPosted 12/5/2013 10:37:02 PM
I beat this game back when it came out, and was filled with giddy fanboy delight after the final boss, thinking, "This was sort of an origin story for Mother brain!

A friend of mine disputed this, mentioning how in Metroid Prime 1, a scanned message from the space pirates discusses the aftermath of the destruction of mother brain.

However, I now see that apparently I was right, since the agreed upon timeline puts Metroid Prime(s) before Super Metroid. My question is this: Was that just something the threw in there to establish a time line (making it sound post Super Metroid) and redacted it later when it was more awesome to show the creation of mother brain? Also, since Metroid 1/Zero Mission came before Prime, is there any official story/information as to how Mother Brain was alive for that, faked her (its?) death, and then gets recreated by Aurora?
---
Sometimes I lie awake at night, and I ask, 'Where have I gone wrong?' Then a voice says to me, 'This is going to take more than one night.
-- Charlie Brown
#2DrumguyPosted 12/9/2013 10:09:29 AM
The Prime games are in a timeline all their own. I don't remember any specific Space Pirate message concerning Mother Brain.

Aurora's recreation of the Mother Brain (the events in Other M) is the direct sequel to Super Metroid.
---
"I never went to church. I just listened to Led Zeppelin and that was all I needed." - Dave Grohl