The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I need help destroying the Starfox characters in

#1TaiIs82Posted 3/12/2010 4:51:16 PM
Smash Bros Brawl. I don't mean like, simply beating them. I mean, finding a way to completely destroy them.
pretty much every match, I get my eggs reflected back at me (I'm Yoshi).
and it's soooo annoying...so I thought hey, I'd ask here because I need tips on how to completely
cream these space characters. Because right now I'm having a lot of trouble defeating them, almost
every match I'm getting 3-stocked and that's no good.

Fox is way too fast (but at least he's not Sonic-paced). What I really want to do is get him
under me so I can do the Yoshi bicycle kick thingy, but guess what? He's constantly
running away and I'm left wide open for a bunch of those crazy broken attacks he has, it's enough to make me
ragequit. Then I go up against Falco or Wolf and it's like the same thing because they're like clones. So
in every match I gotta deal with 3 characters that are the same, and I'm bad against them. Then
everyone laughs at me and it's not nice ;_; I try to play with items on to make things more fun but they're all too
serious and won't let me. Probably because they know I'd win if they were on because items require skill.

Darn space furries. I bet even Metaknight couldn't destroy them...
each one of them's got an unfair advantage with the reflector thingy. Constantly reflecting everything? That's
soooo cheap if you ask me >_>
to be fair though, at least they don't have any horribly, horribly broken tornado moves. But
really, they spam the blaster too all the time and I can't come up with any strats to beat them. What tier do they fall
under? Probably blaster spam tier or something like that. All they do is shoot shoot shoot and I
can't figure out a way to stop them. They tell me to do a little more thinkin and a lot Les Whinin but
the way they play doesn't require any thinking at all, just spam spam spam shoot shoot shoot GRR
it's complete nonsense. That quick attack thing when they side-B is also annoying and hard to dodge.
oh wow, I really went on and on about this didn't I? Guess I just needed to vent.
next time, though, those guys are going down. Anyone have some good advice for this situation?

tl;dr: sfd 4
---
Tails82's alt. You'll probably never notice it, though. Who reads sigs?
www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=951944&topic=53641981&page=7
#2linksmaster813Posted 3/12/2010 4:53:26 PM
But Tails, haven't your tried GETTING UP ON THE HYDRA'S BACK?
---
'If you wish to discover the author of a crime, endeavour to find out who would derive advantage from it.'
- The Count of Monte Cristo
#3Tails82Posted 3/12/2010 4:56:58 PM
I did that, AND aimed for the horn. It's ridiculous.
---
Self-proclaimed chief of the super solvers. Will solve any mystery for pretzels.
Secret Board: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/gentopic.php?board=570496
#4LittlejefferyPosted 3/12/2010 5:05:40 PM
P. Diddy Kong needs to be playable in the next Super Smash Bros game.
---
SSBB fc: 4855-0629-0547 Name: WL
Mario Kart Wii fc: 0216-7101-8263 Name: Waluigi
#5SpinAsbelPosted 3/12/2010 5:44:21 PM
Smash Bros. Brawl would have fit in under the topic title. Hell, Super would have still fit.
Something's telling me that you were trying to convey a different meaning than what's being represented. I just can't quite get at it. How do I get to it? Will you take me?
---
Anyone who says that the Kirby series are kid games weren't manly enough to try them for themselves.
#6Tails82Posted 3/12/2010 5:51:05 PM
There's nothing super about getting destroyed by space fellows.
Will you take me to advice?
---
Self-proclaimed chief of the super solvers. Will solve any mystery for pretzels.
#7SpinAsbelPosted 3/12/2010 5:53:47 PM
Do that thing with Ike where he goes up and down. It's got super armor, so you know it's broken.
---
Anyone who says that the Kirby series are kid games weren't manly enough to try them for themselves.
#8dezmomoPosted 3/12/2010 5:56:45 PM
DO A BARREL ROLL!!!!
Then finish them off with False Swipe!
---
Brawl Code - 2106 3131 1378
#9Tails82Posted 3/15/2010 9:28:15 PM
I tried false swipe BUT my controller must be broke or something because it wouldn't work half the time ;_;
Need new tips (or a new controller)
---
#10ShrekbadPosted 3/15/2010 10:10:23 PM
Wow, nobody help him out yet 0_o

Offline is a bit better to deal with them. Wolf and Falco laser's just Perfect Shield and advance a little but depending on the person reaction neither walk to mid range and attack from there or keep being cautios until they make a mistake. For fox just chain grab him lol actually if you can tongue (b attack) him, he will fall down fast enough for some yoshi beat down. Mostly just be patient with these guy since the match up is in there favor.
---
my game sometimes freezes sometimes when final destination is chosen.
ssbb code:3265-6022-6260 Tatsunoko vs Capcom: 4941-6847-0680