This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

A SSB 3DS Roster

#1Super Smash BroPosted 8/7/2010 10:14:01 PM
VETERANS
Mario
Peach
Bowser
Donkey Kong
Yoshi
Wario
Link
Zelda
Samus/ZSS
Pit
Ice Climbers
Kirby
King Dedede
Fox
Pikachu
Pokemon Trainer
Marth
NEWCOMERS
Andy (Advance Wars)
Isaac (Golden Sun)
Starfy (The Legendary Starfy)

SECRET
Luigi
Captain Falcon
Ness
Diddy Kong
Mr. Game & Watch
Jigglypuff
Zoroark (Pokemon)
Tingle (Legend of Zelda)
Hardin (Fire Emblem)
Hero (Magical Starsign)

I ran with this roster for a number of reasons. It is 30 characters deep (not including alternate forms etc) which is 5 more then Melee and 5 less than Brawl, which feels like a decent fit for a 3DS SSB.

The choices themselves reflect a handheld sensibility, which explains some choices such as Tingle over Ganondorf (Ganondorf has never appeared in a handheld game/Ganon is only a secret boss at the end of Oracles, Tingle has two titles all to himself on DS). The Newcomers are all from prominent handheld series for Nintendo. I didn't add 3rd party characters because I think Nintendo would probably only go through that trouble for an "official" sequel (and I had to trim the roster somehow). That's also how some odd choices ended up as secret characters.

Some specifics:

Zoroark just because they'll go with a prominent 5th gen Pokemon, and at the moment Zoroark is the most SSB viable.

Fire Emblem has recently been a handheld series, especially in the states, and Hardin has been in two games (and the most recent FE), and is also the villain in that game.

Tingle was always my choice for 4th LoZ character (screw Link clones... just merge the two and make Link better!) and has two starring roles in his belt (far more than some characters). Also, supposedly Balloon Fighter was going to be in at one point, and since Tingle was the star of the recent Balloon Fight remake, a lot of that could be used.

I've not played either Magical Starsign game, but Nintendo seemed to love that series in Brawl (seriously, did we need that many stickers). The biggest hurdle here would probably be the lack of a real name.

I deleted Shiek because Shiek is just a small tiny bit of Zelda's character (arguably less important than characters such as Midna and Linebeck, etc) and it's time to move on.

I have a hard time believing that at least one Fox clone wouldn't make it, but I didn't have the room. But clearly Sakurai would cut one or all the newcomers for Fox clones, so whatever.

What changes would you guys think appropriate?

---
You're a proven moron Smash Brothers--Jax1299
#2Neo_OnslaughtPosted 8/7/2010 10:17:13 PM
3DS

No.
---
Why so serious?
#3Super Smash Bro(Topic Creator)Posted 8/7/2010 10:25:57 PM
Uh... yes? Why not? It's got an analog stick, all the required buttons, and the DS is better than the Wii at online play, and all interviews have indicated that the 3DS will improve on that. I can see no reason why a handheld 3DS SSB game would either be impractical or unnecessary.
---
#4Bat178Posted 8/7/2010 11:03:41 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#5Super Smash Bro(Topic Creator)Posted 8/7/2010 11:05:43 PM
Stary's up there, under Newcomers.
---
#6Bat178Posted 8/7/2010 11:07:55 PM
How about Starly? Maybe it could be like Zelda and Sheik where you can switch between Starfy and Starly (Like in 4).
#7Bat178Posted 8/7/2010 11:09:38 PM
And sorry about that, you didn't put a space in between newcomers and veterans, so I didn't notice.
#8Yoshi7210Posted 8/8/2010 4:03:09 AM
Hmm...Bring back Roy and get rid of Tingle. Then it's perfect. :D
Also THANK YOU for not excluding the Ice climbers. And to whoever said its not gonna happen...
HELLO! Analog stick and 3D=Win
Imagine if someone dies but instead of smashing against the screen they're right in your face. EPIC!!!!1
#9sunfalcon9Posted 8/8/2010 7:05:51 AM
DS is better than the Wii at online play

wat.

DS wifi transmits at like 1-2 mbp >_______>
---
Kirbeh
#10NeutronStar256Posted 8/8/2010 7:11:42 AM
They might be referring to Brawl when they say "Wii's online play", or something, because the DS is not better than the Wii for the most part when it comes to online. Think of Mario Kart DS...
---
neutron star: a hypothetical dense celestial object that results from the collapse of a large star. Light can barely escape its gravitational pull.