This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Create the SSB4 Roster: Day 4 - Jigglypuff

#11Super Smash Bro(Topic Creator)Posted 8/13/2010 9:16:06 AM
It's not so much "evidence" as it is circumstantial, such as Jiggly being one of the last characters added to the roster, having no role in SSE, etc. If Sakurai had known from the beginning that, hey, all 12 of the original smashers would be included, why was Jigglypuff added so late in the game? Without any role at all in Sakurai's brain child SSE? Added at the last minute along with two clones?

I'm not in favor of cutting Jigglypuff, but there are good arguments on both sides.

Think about it this way: had Jigglypuff not been in any SSB game yet, would any of us argue for her inclusion in SSB4? She isn't a headline Pokemon, hasn't had a movie about her, and there aren't even any "sidequests" even tangentially related to a Jigglypuff in any of the Pokemon games. There was a recurring bit part in the first season of the anime (with the marker etc).

Whereas we have Pikachu (flagship Pokemon), Pokemon Trainer (main character of first game), Mewtwo (most powerful Pokemon, "villain" in a lot of the movies), Pichu (stars in most of the movie shorts; has lots of in-game events) and Lucario (starred in a movie, had a sidequest in DPP).

But I vote for Jigglypuff to stay.
---
You're a proven moron Smash Brothers--Jax1299
#12PlasmaCannonPosted 8/13/2010 9:34:27 AM
Well you do have some points there TC but you did say it was circumstantial, at this point I feel cutting ANY of the original 12 would be a crime. Perhaps my SSB64 bias is getting in the way of this, perhaps not. v_v

I apologize for being so rude about it but I'm usually that way when it comes to Jigglypuff as so many people bash or unfairly talk down about this character. Yes Jigglypuff may be bad in Brawl but she was one of the best in Melee and a solid character in SSB64.

In the end I still stand by none of the original 12 being cut.
---
*insert some random comment here*
#13BrownbearbobPosted 8/13/2010 9:35:13 AM
The only reason I think it would be stupid to cut Jigglypuff is because it is from the original 12.

I vote to cut Jigglypuff because we already have 3 first generation Pokemon characters, it isn't important at all (in show or games), and its moveset is just stupid.

And I nominate Toon Link, R.O.B. and Pit
---
MK Wii: 2578-3499-0780
SSBB: 0216-0543-4680
#14CAW EvolutionPosted 8/13/2010 9:52:51 AM
Keep Jigglypuff. By this point, the original 12 shouldn't go anywhere.
---
RyanCE
#15Davidk92Posted 8/13/2010 9:56:39 AM
I feel I should point out that when SSB64 was being made, Jigglypuff was the second most popular Pokemon in Japan, next to Pikachu. I'm not sure if it's still true due to the introduction of the new generations, but that's why she was added to the original.

Plasma Cannon, I'm curious. If they did remove Jigglypuff but replaced her with someone with a similar movelist in SSB4, like Wigglytuff (think Sean replacing Ken in SF3), how would you take it?
---
"Hey, hey you there! What the hell is this!?"
~Father Jack Hackett, upon discovering a spoon.
#16PlasmaCannonPosted 8/13/2010 10:01:50 AM
Plasma Cannon, I'm curious. If they did remove Jigglypuff but replaced her with someone with a similar movelist in SSB4, like Wigglytuff (think Sean replacing Ken in SF3), how would you take it?

I would think that's akward, Wigglytuff seems like a very odd choice to me. In the end it just wouldn't be the same so I'd be disheartened. Not much else I can say really.
---
*insert some random comment here*
#17Davidk92Posted 8/13/2010 10:04:15 AM
I mentioned Wigglytuff because he had a major role in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon.

I see. Thank you.
---
"Hey, hey you there! What the hell is this!?"
~Father Jack Hackett, upon discovering a spoon.
#18werewolf_bowserPosted 8/13/2010 10:41:19 AM
again i have no clue who to nominate, but keep jiggly, (s)he is one of the first 12 and they ALL need to be in it.
---
I'm a ninja, you just don't know that yet,
and that's how good I am.
#19TheSlinjaPosted 8/13/2010 10:55:25 AM
jiggs should definitly stay like all of the original fighters.

i nominate C.fal ness and luigi
---
Your Pokemon was holding an egg. you do want it don't you?.....DON'T YOU?!?
#20El_PusPosted 8/13/2010 11:18:26 AM
if jiggs stays sing needs to be useable.
---
I know I can't spell.
Brawl FC : 1891 3125 8667